 Off-Topic / Debate / 6765
Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:19:28 GMT

<snip>
C/becuase/because/
C/to nice and/too nice and/

<GRIN>

Seriously, without starting a big war, I think most of us know that you're a
bit spelling challenged, Eric.

You want a war I'll give you a war... ;-).

I don't pretend to be a good speller, I'm no good at the gramma stuff neither
;-).  Never have been and probably never will be.  I do try and spell check
words that I trully don't know but seeing I use the web interface many typo's
get through along with some misspelling when I am lazy.

It's not something I am proud of but, I am not ashamed of it either.  I will
admit that in my professional life I am much more careful but still not perfect
by any means.  I guess thats why I just design and code and leave documentation
up to someone else.

And we love you nonetheless.

Gee thanks!

Having said that,
I do think that sloppy penmanship leads to poor marks. While there are reasons
why people may not be able to spell words, punctuate clauses, structure
sentences, and so forth correctly, it does detract, especially on first
impression.

In general I agree but right now I have enough stress in my life to worry to
much about my penmanship on LUGNET.  I try the best I can (which isn't really
that good) but if I make a mistake I don't fret to long about it.

People get past that, if there is merit behind the errors. And perfectly
formed fluff is still fluff nonetheless. But you know what I mean.

Very true.

Still up, unless you count plane sleep, from when I typed the post you're
responding too, but about to call it a day.

Well I have flown enough to know that plane sleep does not count.  So good
night and rest well.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/