 Off-Topic / Debate / 6760
Re: Social Engineering (was: Re: The Friendliest Site On The Internet. (Was Re: A little self examination?))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 13:46:39 GMT

I think "Social Engineering" can mean many things. You can really only define
it by its aim.

  We might be able to define it by its aim, but we can only evaluate it in
terms of outcome.  The recent episode may have been a noble attempt to shame
us into some sort of community restructuring, but in reality Matt's posts came
off as childish posturing and name-calling.

     Dave!