 General / 52533
Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:43:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Magno wrote:
Hi Ben,

I believe the original germ of the idea of ~abuse~ was just a HYPOTHETICAL
example.

Yes, my original post brought up a hypothetical example with the 9 volt
discussion--the potential of NDA/Ambassador abuse in a situation.  And
subsequent posts from others outlining how differnet types of abuse may occur
shows that people have had similar concerns.

With this in mind, one of the points for current and future ambassadors is that
you are given priviledged LEGO related information before the rest of the fans.
People have brought up the idea of trust.  If the ambassadors want the trust of
the fans, then the ambassadors should work in a trustworthy fashion.

I'm not saying that they're not.  I have yet to see any ambassador act in a
selfish 'insider trading' way with regards to the NDA information they've
received.  I'm just bringing up the point that it *can* happen, and I'd like to
bring the idea up so that it *does not* happen.

I love this hobby.  I love when people come together and work on this hobby.  I
love the idea that TLC is working closer with us than they ever have before.  I
wholeheartedly endorse the ambassador programs and other programs that are set
up wehere fans of the brick work in conjunction with TLC.  And I would hate to
see animosity, distrust and/or the downfall of these programs due to perceived
or real happenings by a few selfish individuals.

NO ONE has claimed that abuse has happened.

In lugnet.general, Benjamin Ellermann wrote:

snip

The possibility of
Ambassadors abusing Legend knowledge is unlikely if classic sets will no
longer be re-released.  Ambassadors are here to serve the needs of fans and
LEGO instead of our own pocketbooks.

Ben Ellermann

:)  <---  notice this

(cough)

(cough)

Swamberg(1)

(cough)

humans are funny creatures.

:)

Chris

1. Didn't he hold a place of authority on some other fee for bricks web site?

Chris has such a far better way of stating it :)

Dave K