 General / 52518
Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2006 00:56:10 GMT

In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

   In particular, to Calum, no, I don’t think that any of my questions/answers/resulting conclusions are remotely world changing nor would it be “preventing the next Nobel prize winning thesis” but... I also don’t recall LUGNET changing to a “World Event Symposium”. Therefore ~ In my opinion, company and fan relations are a valid part of discussion here.

I never criticized your post--I think your question is a good one to be asked. That said, what I did question was:

   b) If so (based on Q3a), is this a reasonable price to pay to have so many of our high profile members unable to discuss things openly?

As for b) I don’t think anything’s really lost. It’s not like we’re preventing the next Nobel prize winning thesis on relativity or cold fusion from being published.

I’m answering the question “are the NDA’s preventing positive contributions?” I’m not asking “are Janey’s questions/answers preventing positive contributions?”

Your questions are important ones, and it’s good to discuss them. This is certainly the right place for them. That said, my personal opinion, as originally posted (and incorrectly understood, I guess) is that no, I don’t think the NDA’s are really causing that much trouble for the community.

Calum