 General / 52439
Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:52:08 GMT

In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
Q1. Are the NDA keeping our most prolific quiet? (Aside from the obvious, I
understand they can't discuss certain things, but are there people that would
have been posting otherwise that are  now remaining silent, in fear that even
guessing or hypothesising might end up being factual, and then be some violation
of their agreement?)

That's a good question.  It's been a long time since I was 'prolific', but I am
in the MDP.  In general, NDA's cover confidential information actually disclosed
(on purpose or accidently), not other informaiton.  The problem comes in keeping
straight which information is general knowledge vs. privileged vs. guessed-at.

Q2. Is this hindering or benefiting our communication as a community?

I'm guessing it's helping, in general.  But it's an important thing for group
leaders to think about before jumping onto the NDA bandwagon -- if all the
leaders are under NDA, who's going to be out herding the rabble-rousers?

Q4. Are members spending many of their community hours behind the scenes that
they don't have time as much free time to dedicate to the public forums that
they once had?

This is the killer for me.  I don't have tons of 'lego time' right now, and what
I do have is taken up with the MDP stuff (in a good way :).

Steve