 General / 52459
Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:31:04 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Thomas Main wrote:
   In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

...a lot of good stuff worth considering

That is a very interesting little image you have there. Why did you make it? What is the message you are trying to send?

In my role as art critic I would say that the message here is that the NDA makes the Ambassadors silent leading to upset in the community. Either that or it’s a subtle statement on the war in Iraq and the state of African democracy.

   On a broader note, I have heard a lot about mistrust between Ambassadors and non-Ambassadors, but I don’t exactly understand why. Within the Castle and Space communities there is some envy about who has an NDA and who doesn’t, but I don’t see any mistrust at all. On the opposite point of view, I feel that there is a lot of trust that we will accurately communicate the communities concerns to TLG and fight to get what the community wants.

You could probably summarise this in a new variant of the Ambassadors logo. Perhaps with a cackling Ambassador and two green (with envy) figs. That would be cool.

   So, the question is, if you mistrust the Ambassadors or the Ambassador community: Why? What is it that you think Ambassadors aren’t doing or aren’t doing enough of? What would you like to see done differently?

-Lenny

I would like to see some more humour from the Ambassadors. Humour is a good thing and I like it very much. I’d like to see the logo replaced by an Ambassador with a big smile and two laughing figs.

Tim