 General / 52467
Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 15:47:53 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Timothy Gould wrote:
   I would like to see some more humour from the Ambassadors. Humour is a good thing and I like it very much. I’d like to see the logo replaced by an Ambassador with a big smile and two laughing figs.

I dont have good enough drawring skillz to do anything as technical as what he made.

But I am funny all the time Tim! And you better know it!!

WORD!

As for the other Ambassadors... well, some of them can’t be funny because well, they just can’t. Its a genetic malformity that has crippled them from youth. And by “other Ambassadors”, I basically mean Mark Sandlin and Dan Rubin. Those guys just try so hard to be funny and just never pull it off. Its sad really. More deserving of your pity than your paranoid envious mistrust.

-Lenny

Its true. One thing that I’ve noticed just in general community trends is that people are active in the communities they love. Some are Train, some are classic-space,classic-castle, classic-clickits!!! Ok, I made up the last one, but you get the picture. The community is strengthening all of its outer muscles, which will inevitably strengthen the whole.

Its difficult though, and I know that you all understand, to keep a secret once it has been given. hell, I’m terrified to walk out of my apartment because what I might say at a drive through. “yes, please supersize it (I’m American, I can’t help it) and how about a little CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION.” So I know where some of these guys are comin from if they’re nervous to talk about what they’ve learned.

Now, does this mean everyone is doing the right things all the time...um, probably not...I shouldn’t have just eaten this whole pizza (guuuhhhh). So its good to question from time to time whether things are working, but there are lots of things happening all over the place in the community. Is what’s worrying everyone that its not all in the same place?

As far as whether or not the advice of these NDA ridden groups is being taken seriously and will be turned into adult friendly products? Yes, I see it happenning all the time now, but it was a slow start. Not every idea the AFOLs have given will be used, but its suprising how much affect we all have and if the goal was to improve many of the LEGO products, then well done my friends. There’s a lot less suck coming out of the company right now and I think we adult fans to thank for it.

Steve Witt LEGO Community Relations Coordinator