 General / 52503
Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 12:21:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote: snip
   I do want to address two issues that were brought up here, some what, but mostly in email and msn.. That basically was “What was your motivation in posting?

Well my motivation was that I am under NDA and thought that perspective needed to be heard (even if my NDA prevents me from saying very much specific).

   What do I think the price is?”

Ultimately the price will be improved relations with the LEGO company. Although that may be at the expense of a little conversation in forums like LUGNET. I do think as folks get more comfortable with their NDAs things will open up. In particular the Ambassador NDA does not prevent us from participating in the community or from discussing every topic we have discussed privately (although most are off-limits). We are encouraged to keep our participation high. On the other hand some NDA’s like the MUP and others require stricter secrecy in the project they are involved in. So someone in the MUP is understandably going to be less visible in discussions involving the RCX because they are working on an NXT most of the time.

I feel I need to make one thing clear... I never once intended or thought this would be that earth shattering of a post, it was just some simple questions that brought out some simple and complex answers.

And Thanks for asking, it was a very healthy discussion.

Eric Kingsley

LEGO Ambassador