 General / 52480
Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 05:01:15 GMT

In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Chris Magno wrote:
   I didn’t see ANY reference to mistrust, or lies in this entire thread. Those seem to be words Lenny used.

“and a certain amount of distrust both between and within them.” From here

Well then, I sit corrected on the “mis/dis” trust phrase. If you want to argue semantics, then might I suggest moving this to .debate.

In the mean time, both YOU and Jeff, came out guns blazing, trying your darnedest to make sure you set “us” all straight. To quote some dead guy...

“me thinks thou doth protest too much”

   Neither Janey or anyone else ever accused any NDA’er of lying.

Then where does the lack of trust come from? Or to use your words, what is the problem?

have no problem, than again I’m am a pessimistic jaded bitter man(1)

With the sentence you are quoting me on, I think you proved to me and yourself that maybe you need to ask others about the “lack of trust.“(2)

   To paraphrase what has been said, is that the spirit of the original intent of the “ambassador” program seems to be ... “lacking.”

What was the original intent, and how is it lacking?

I can not speak to the “official” intent of the program. I can only speak for myself here, but, I feel the lack of communication from ambassadors and others under NDA is what is perceived to be at issue.

The lacking comes from the (perceived) ONE WAY communications. Whats not to get. When has an ambassador said or revealed ANYTHING that Jake, or now Steve can’t say? They both type good english. (3)

So what are the ambassadors for? Are the ambassador merely just puppets sent out to gather needed data? I dont know.

So, going back, I was originally under the impression that the ambassador program was a way for TLC to release “tidbits”, and “gosh-gee” cool news. What I think has happened is that overly nervous lawyers have shackled the AFOLS’ and those that are not in fear of the lawyers, are in fear of their peers.(4)

So that leaves Jeff et all with being allowed to ask survey questions.

   I ~HAVE~ seen you post a few questionnaires asking us questions and looking for feedback.

From the Ambassador point of view: we got an email from Steve saying SAH would like some community feedback, and asked if we could post those questions on various newsgroups. Which is what we did. Why were we asked that? My guess is they wanted help coming up with ideas for new sets, sets that would appeal to AFOLs. I don’t see why that is a problem.

That is not the problem, but Lenny, communication is a TWO WAY thing. And I dont mean you ask a questions and I give you an answers.

How was the information used? Honestly, I have no idea.

What is it you were expecting? What do you want to be different?

-Lenny

Again, I expect nothing. I am jaded. What I THINK others want to be different is to be able to HEAR more tidbits, and “gosh gee” stuff.

Let me try a different approach.

Lenny, how come I am not seeing weekly or even MONTHLY top SPOTLIGHT’s posts from ambassadors on the main page?

How come I am NOT seeing the follow up replys along the lines of

(WARNING - made up to help express a point)

“DID ya see what jeff said? Bley is being removed from the line up”

or

“WOW Kelly, GREAT NEWS, its nice to see that lego is THINKING about putting metal back on the tracks”

or how about

“wow Richie, who knew that lego was contemplating a new THEME park in Sydney thanks for this tidbit”

(end WARNING)

That would be how I foresaw how the ambassador program worked.

Chris

1. Not only is the glass half empty, I want to know who STOLE my water!

2. http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=52437

3. unlike me

4. There is a good chance that if you broke the NDA you would NOT get sued till the cows come home, BUT, you can sure as heck bet that TLC would think TWICE about including AFOLS again, AND thats a peer pressure even MORE threatening that lawyers.