 General / 52491
Re: Questions about fan involvement with TLC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:29:15 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Chris Magno wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Thomas Main wrote:
   In lugnet.general, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

...a lot of good stuff worth considering

(snip)

   That is a very interesting little image you have there. Why did you make it? What is the message you are trying to send?

On a broader note, I have heard a lot about mistrust between Ambassadors and non-Ambassadors, but I don’t exactly understand why. Within the Castle and Space communities there is some envy about who has an NDA and who doesn’t, but I don’t see any mistrust at all. On the opposite point of view, I feel that there is a lot of trust that we will accurately communicate the communities concerns to TLG and fight to get what the community wants.

So, the question is, if you mistrust the Ambassadors or the Ambassador community: Why? What is it that you think Ambassadors aren’t doing or aren’t doing enough of? What would you like to see done differently?

-Lenny

I have to agree with Lenny on this one, I don’t see a reason why there would be any mistrust?

HI Jeff, are you coming to the rtl dinner on Thurs?

I do plan on being there, and at that time I can explain why I have not been at any rtl Events for the past month :(

I didn’t see ANY reference to mistrust, or lies in this entire thread. Those seem to be words Lenny used.

   Neither Janey or anyone else ever accused any NDA’er of lying.

To paraphrase what has been said, is that the spirit of the original intent of the “ambassador” program seems to be ... “lacking.”

Tell me Jeff, since I first congratulated you for becoming an ambassador, how many times have you “spread the word?” I can’t recall any time. On the other hand , I ~HAVE~ seen you post a few questionnaires asking us questions and looking for feedback.

In all honesty Chris, and everyone else reading this, until just recently, we were not given information about new ‘golly gee’ kind of things to make public. We are only now being let into some of the up and comming things, that are in the pipeline. We hope for more of this type of infor to come in the future, and we are very eager to be the ones that get to be able to release that info to you all.

Last cycle was sort of slow being in the end of the year, where product development happens at a slower pace. I can remember a few times during the last cycle that we were told about something new, on the same day as it was release publicly, or leaked via a dealear catalog. Or we found the Leak and had to ask if it was real or not.

I have to cut this short as I need to head home, but we can talk some more tomorrow.

   I say that is best summarized by Toms logo. Mainly silence from the ambassadors, and unhappy AFOLS who want the “scoop”

(snip)

   Jeff (who has been known to go off on tangets) VW

Chris