 General / 45961
Re: Article text
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 03:05:18 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Laswell wrote:
   They do have too many colors right now. How useful is light-yellow? Light-orange? What about bright-green?

I have no idea what brought you to that conclusion. One of the hottest sellers keeping the Lego stors afloat right now is the pick a brick. People are gobbeling up the colors you seem to not find useful.

   as popular as it would be amongst certain ranks of AFOLs to have both dark-grey and gunmetal-grey produced at the same time, I have to agree that they’re still too similar to make economic sense for TLC to keep both.

That is the whole point of this thread and you failed to make a single argument supporting your opinion. I like “gunmetal” though. If we keep calling it that instead of bley Lego is sure to get rid of it!

   I’ve been told face-to-face that TLC has purposefully underadvertised when sets are selling fast enough to keep up with their production rates. Takanuva sold well enough on his own, so all of the US BIONICLE advertisement was geared towards the Rahkshi sets. Some areas of the world didn’t get any advertisement at all because everything sells pretty much as fast as they can stock it. It’s possible that this is the case with the HP sets.

I’m sure the hundreds of people they’ve layed of from their jobs with Lego production would be happy to know this.

   They have stated on more than one occassion that they will not be dropping the Star Wars or Harry Potter lines, both of which are in the top five best-selling themes, and pulling in more money than they cost to produce. What they said was that they would not be relying primarily on licensing deals, but that they would continue to make them when they seemed appropriate (like Dora the Explorer).

You arn’t keeping up with current events. With the layoffs at the top of the company they said with no uncertain terms that they were dropping ALL licenced lines as they were not making enough money. The “new” sets like the multi-purple bus and Dora were planed far in advance of that anouncment. Once the licences already paid for expire so do the associated lines.-Ken