 General / 45948
Re: LUGNET's mention on LEGO.com---A Gray Area? INSIDE THE LEGO SET BOX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:03:35 GMT

Orion Pobursky <orion@dontaddthis.pobursky.com> wrote:
I got in fine 2/29 1130.  It's probably your connection

I have a really good connection, and I'm having trouble getting it to
load. Two different good connections, in fact, with the same result.

When it *did* load the other day, it was so miserably slow to actually try
to post that I gave up. (Minutes to load a page!)

Looks like the boards are actually outsourced to "informative.com" --

$ host boards.lego.com
boards.lego.com is an alias for discuss001.informative.com.

so that's probably where the technical blame lies. But it does seem like
Lego ought to consider switching -- or at least giving them a real good
talking to.

--
Matthew Miller           mattdm@mattdm.org        <http://www.mattdm.org/>
Boston University Linux      ------>                <http://linux.bu.edu/>