 General / 45769
Re: LUGNET's mention on LEGO.com---A Gray Area? INSIDE THE LEGO SET BOX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 05:15:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.general, Jeff Barnas wrote:
A Gray Area?
INSIDE THE LEGO SET BOX -- During the last couple of months, adult LEGO fans
have expressed their interest about the brick color change, which you can see in
some 2004 LEGO sets.

The rest of the article is here...

<http://club.lego.com/news/default.asp?locale=2057&pagename=newsitem&contentid=4532>

Lego is basically a monopoly, they can do whatever they want because they're the
only ones doing what they do.
I wouldn't be so sure that the adult consumer group is much smaller than the
minor group, and in any case, adults are the ones buying toys for their
children.
I don't know how they tested the new colors or with whom, why didn't they also
use places like Lugnet to test people's opinions? The only reason I can think of
is because those opinions didn't matter that much.
It is a mistake to think that cooler grays could be better than warmer grays.
These grays look like blues almost. A warm gray is extremely more modern and
refined than a blueish gray.
Grays are not secondary colors, they are the core colors along with white,
that's why this change means so much. It's hard to understand how it would be so
expensive to keep both versions, epecially when knowing how many new and
probably ugly and irrelevant colors they have introduced over the years. Isn't
there more than one red? Or more than one orange?
Because they can do whatever they judge best and the only thing we can do is
consume, the terms of any discussion realtive to these issues are always going
to be absolutely disbalanced.