 General / 45899
Re: Article text
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 01:40:56 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Rayhawk wrote:

   But I think the production expense is the least of their worries, the biggest hit to Lego’s pocketbook would be the marketing hassle. There’s no easy way to get the average consumer to know that there are two different grays, and to be able to differentiate between them when they’re making their buying decisions. In fact the mere knowledge that there are two incompatible gray colors on the shelf adds enough extra complication to the consumer’s experience, that it acts as a deterrent to them buying Lego at all.

I know that is a chief deterrent for me right now. I am reluctant to buy sets from late last year that may contain grey because I am afraid they will actually have bley instead. And I have already shipped enough bley back to Lego to hopefully make a point.

If Lego decided to bring back grey (and brown) then I would probably go seeking some bley since a little bit could come in handy. But until then, I am in my grey ages...

-Matt :)