 General / 39934
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:58:24 GMT

I have been reading this thread for the past week now, and I really couldn't
think of any one experience that was my coolest, until it finally came to me.

About two or three weeks ago, my wife, my 15 month old son and I were
walking in a mall.  I was pushing the stroller, and my wife was carrying our
son Alex on her hip.  We were just walking and talking, when all of a
sudden, Alex begins to make a noise that sounds like "gogol, gogol" over and
over, and he is kicking his legs and pointing to me ( I was behind him at
the time).  So, not really sure why he suddenly began doing this, I took him
and my wife took the stroller. As soon as I got him in my arms, he starts
pointing further in the direction we were walking, still making the same
noise, and still kicking very excitedly.

Well, about 50 feet farther ahead, unnoticed by my wife and myself up to
this point is a Lego kiosk in the center of the mall.  Not only did he
recognise Lego from far away, he also wanted to look at it with his daddy.
I can't even tell you what a great feeling it was for me.  :-)

My wife and I were both astounded.  I have never played with Lego with him,
but we do play with his Duplo blocks from time to time.  I also hold him up
and show him the Lego that I have on display on shelves at home.

-Andy Lynch

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:
Inspired by John's post (http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=39785), I would
love to throw out a question!

What is your coolest LEGO Experience? Maybe you built an amazing castle when
you were eight years old. Or perhaps you've had a more recent experience
like watching an FLL robotics competition where you saw kids participating
in the most thrilling event of their lives. Or maybe you finished the
perfect train car and posted it online.

I would love to hear!

Jake
---