 General / 39853
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 06:35:41 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:
What is your coolest LEGO Experience?

A number of experiences come to mind, having read through the amazing
stories already presented.

(In chronological order)
1. As a kid, my sister and I won a <6622> each as the prizes of a LEGO
building comp.

2. The incredible LEGO Expos they used to have at Highpoint, then later at
Melb Central, and that have finally returned in a way to Myer Melbourne.

3. Saving up for ages to buy a <6376> at a 25% off sale at Big W.

4. Dad buying me a <8865> Test Car at a closing down sale at 50% off, and
the excitement of a couple of months later when LEGO Spare Parts service
sent me the wheels!

5. A mate looking at the bridge I made between High School and Uni and
saying "That's why you're studying Engineering" (Well, I studied Chemical
Engineering, but anyway...)

6. Seeing a newspaper item about a guy who had told the story of the Star
Wars trilogy using (pre-SW sets) LEGO and stuck it on the internet. Going to
that website, looking at the cool stuff, then deciding to look up LEGO using
Yahoo and finding, amongst other things, this website.

7. Going to my first MUGS meeting and meeting some of the amazing people who
do amazing things with the brick!

9. Reading about the cool LEGO experiences some of the LUGNETters have had,
and deciding to share my own!

Phew...