 General / 39899
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 03:18:13 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:

What is your coolest LEGO Experience?

The Chris and Shiri show.  For the folks who haven't been around that long:

I came out of my dark ages with the Star Wars releases like so many others.
But I wasn't back all the way - I bought them more for "Star Wars" than for
"Lego".  But the bug was back, and I couldn't escape, nor did I want to.  So
I'm on the net one day looking for Lego Gundam models, and run across a site
(I can't remember which) that had a link to FBTB.  So I hit that one, and
followed a link to Lugnet.  Little did I know...

So, after a few months of lurking, I started posting, mainly in .castle.
Shiri and I started talking a lot online, and on her birthday, I called her.
3 months later I was taking my first plane trip ever to go to Boston for the
weekend to see her.  That's when I first met other AFOLs, Todd, Suz, Tim
Courtney, and Joe Comeau among others.

Over two years later and we're still together, and plan on staying that way.

For more information consult Jude Beaudin and Tim Courtney.  I'm sure they'd
be glad to babble at you for hours. :-)

Oh, and Brickfest 2001 was fun too. :-)

-Chris