 General / 39872
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 00:53:08 GMT

Wow everybody! These are some great stories!

I have a few that I would like to contribute:

1. Meeting other Mecha Builders in California.
2. Being asked by the TLC to use some of my images for the story
"The Art of Lego" on Lego.com in the Build Section.
3. A fellow Mecha Builder sent me a surprise in the mail. Queztlquatl.
4. Finding Brickshelf.
5. Finding Lugnet.
6. Every Show and Exhibit I have ever done.
7. BricksWest 2002.
8. Chelsea HS visit.
9. Getting messages from people all around the world.
10. Seeing my Super Mech-bot come to life for the first time.
11. Seeing the Jamocklaquat come to life for the first time.
12. Meeting some of the members of Dixielug in Ga.
13. Legoland in Carlsbad!
14. Big Blue.
15. Seeing Chris Snead's Levitator in person.
16. Hanging with Dave Johann.
17. Seeing Mladen's work on the Web for the fist time.
18. Seeing Brian Cooper's work.
19. Talking with Train folk at a Dinner at BricksWest 2002.
20. Meeting Dave Schilling and his Brother.
21. Meeting John Barnes.
22. Being contacted by a Tiebetan Buddist and working towards the 3D Mandala
Project, this is still in the works and if all goes well this will be my
first Commission.
23. Meeting Dan Jassim.
24. LMHoF
25. Meeting Mathew Gerber, Todd Thuma, Frank Filtz and Tim Courtney.
26. The first time I programed the Vision Sensors in my Super Mech-Bot;
I stood infront of the Robot and I moved my Right Arm slowly up. Then the
Robot started moving it's arm up. Then I moved my arm out and the Robot did
the same thing with it's arm. Then I moved my Arm back and the Robot moved
it's arm back. The Robot mimiked my every move.
27. Publishing my Web-Site.
28. Selling a Button my mother made that said "I have seen the Legomaster"
for a dollar.
29. The smiles I see on peoples faces when they come to my Shows.
30. My Praying Mantis on stage at CBGB's in NYC.
31. My Praying Mantis on the steps of Hoboken's City Hall.
32. When we were little kids, my Step Mom took all of my Brother's Lego and
used a Sharpie Marker to outline the Bottom of all his peices so we could
tell who's Lego was who's'. Then 20 years later, when I was making the RG
Mech, I found a barely recognizable black outline on the bottom of a Red Slope.
I called my Brother up and asked him if I could use his peice. He said "What!?"
33. Vector Comics.
34. Meeting Brian Sadowski.
35. Meeting Henry Lim and seeing his Stego and other works in Person.
36. Actually making a Romantic Contact because of a Lego Show I did.
37. Speaking with Francie Bereger (years ago)
38. Having people call me " Legomaster" before I evan met them.
39. Sitting back and looking at the completed Gomgile for the first time.
40. My buddy noticed that Zaniy Brainy threw out a rather Large Lego Display.
I drove home with it sticking out of the Passenger side window of my Monte
Carlo. A Police crusier pulled up along side of me and the Officer just gave
me a funny look.
41. Having the DJ's at WSOU send Heavy Metal songs out to the "Legomaster"
over the Ariwaves.
42. Showing "Bobby Blitz" from "Overkill" a picture of my Red Robot.
He ran into his Tour Bus and said "I gotta show this to my wife!"
43. Setting up my Black Robot for Astronaut "John Glenn"
44. Finding Lego in the street and actuallu using it in a MOC.
44. Walking into the Michon house.
45. Allowing pics from my BricksWest 2002 Folder on Brickshelf to be used in
an upcomming Lego Club Mag as Advertising for the 2003 event.
46. Showing Peter Aiello the funtions of the Praying Mantis' wings and
seeing the reflection of the wings in his Eyeballs as the song "Toys 1998"
by Primus/Sausage play in the background.
47. Build-a-Bot
48. Finding Stories about me on the Web that I didn't know about.
49. Finding Lego in sock.
50. Seeing my Father utterly blown away by Super Mech-Bot. He never did get it.
51. Having the Picture of the Gomgile published in the Book, "Filters of the
Imagination"
52. Dang I never thought I would bring this up here, but a fair amount of
females have "flashed" their chests at the Super Mech-Bot while it was
recording at several Art Shows.

Well, those are some of my Cool Moments if you will. There are more, I just
can't think of them right now. Hope you enjoy them as I did.

Eric Sophie
www.mylegomaster.com