 General / 39871
39870  |  39872
Subject:
Where to buy Holiday Tree (WAS: Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 00:46:55 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Stangl writes:

I just returned from a trip to LLC, and on the way there, we hit the
Lego store in Downtown Disney.  I was hoping that if you hadn't heard of
the following, you could look into it before it causes too many
headaches for Consumer Affairs.

One item they had there was a "Brick Grab Bag" labeled "Loose Brick
Holiday Tree" on the price sticker, which contained parts and directions
for a very neat tree.  Since it had some nice pieces (1x1 white tiles!),
I picked up 12 of them.

Stupid question....

Is this kit available from Shop At Home?  Or is it only available through
the LEGO stores?  I looked on the Shop At Home site but didn't see anything.
Am I missing it?

I saw Tom's scans and thought that was a really cool way to build a tree.  I
like the way they used the 1 x 1 bricks (studs on sides) to form the trunk.
I also realized I have none of those bricks in my collection and wouldn't
mind some of them, and the green plates to boot.

So, is there any way for a mere mortal to purchase this item?  Or is it one
of those ultra-exclusive, "Hard To Find" items?

Signed,
Hopeful