 General / 39888
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Chris Giddens writes:
As a child, I remember going to a little toy store called the Toy Box in
Augusta Georgia.  I would pick up every classic space Lego set box and pour
over the pictures on the back. I remember dreaming of what crafts could be
made and the imaginary worlds that could be explored with those space ships,
rovers and bases.  Then! hearing Mom say (FINALLY), "We can get you one
today."  OH SWEET JOY!  I chose the 6901 Mobile Lab
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6901_1 (which in hind sight seems an odd
choice...).  It explored every inch of our house... each carpet color was a
different planet, each bed was a different moon.

I have fond memories of that set as well.  Much like you I used every
surface in the house as an area to explore.  It's one of the few space sets
I remember as a set, as opposed to MOCs.  That and the 6390 Space Supply
Station.  Now that I'm a castle/pirate/adventurers-head I don't have many
space sets or parts.  I recently traded a 6390 and some other space sets for
a BSB, and there's part of me that wishes I had kept the Space Supply
Station.  I have most of a second, but it's not complete...yet. :-)