 General / 39794
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:53:29 GMT

Not sure if it's my "coolest" experience, but it was the start of me
re-entering the world of LEGO. Back in 1996 I was at TRU to get some HO
train track to try and fix up and old HO train set I had from my childhood,
well this TRU kept their LEGO trains on the same aisle as the other scale
trains. I found the 4559 setting there, and as soon as I saw it the
possiblities of LEGO rail-roading just blew me away. I bought the set and
took it home only to be greeted by a very strange look on my wife's face.
She just didn't understand why I bought the LEGO train set and questioned if
I would actually "stick with it". (at this time we had no children and no
LEGO in the house)

Well here it is 6 years later and I have a complete collection of 9v trains,
have a desinated LEGO room at home and run the North Georgia LEGO Train
Club. When she now questions "do I need that much LEGO stuff", I remind her
of her doubts so many years ago and tell her that I do it all out of spite :)

jt

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee writes:
Inspired by John's post (http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=39785), I would
love to throw out a question!

What is your coolest LEGO Experience? Maybe you built an amazing castle when
you were eight years old. Or perhaps you've had a more recent experience
like watching an FLL robotics competition where you saw kids participating
in the most thrilling event of their lives. Or maybe you finished the
perfect train car and posted it online.

I would love to hear!

Jake
---