 General / 39890
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:34:59 GMT

Thomas Avery wrote:
Discovering the online community just a couple of years ago and
communicating with fellow LEGO fans. Also, meeting them at Brickfest and
TexLUG meetings. Brickfest 2002 was an experience I'll never forget.

Hmm, I should add one here:

Walking into the baggage claim area in DC and spotting someone taking my
big box of LEGO off the conveyor and realizing he must be Thomas
Avery... Then moments after we got both my bags and Thomas had time to
explain to me that someone would pick us up, this fellow comes wandering
along with a baggage cart and a 48x48 grey baseplate with "Brickfest"
written on the back (on paper).

And another one:

Getting off the plane in San Diego and not seeing anyone waiting for me
at the gate so I head towards the baggage claim. Just as I approach the
security area, I see two people, one somewhat larger than the other
about to enter. I realize they must be Larry Pieniazek and James Brown.

Frank