 General / 39912
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:20:26 GMT

I guess the thing that was always fun about classic space (and all classic
lego themes for that matter) is the blank slate of adventure it created.
Yes we had seen Star Wars, Battlestar Galactica and some reruns of Star Trek
back in those days, but in our imagination we combined themes and thoughts
and struck out to universes invented in our dreams and visited in newly
created ships by the time our Dad got home in the afternoon.

I'm not against new themes and sets with story lines of today.  I'm just
thankful for that grey, blue and trans yellow canvas of Classic Space that
launced white and red spacemen to wherever I wanted them to go.

Chris <><

Hear, hear.  Those smiling yellow faces were just reflections.  This thread
is what Lego and Lugnet are all about.

Cheers,
-G