 General / 39858
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 10:30:42 GMT

I would love to hear!

Hi all,

I will also add 3 cool LEGO experiences:

(1) This is from my childhood: There was allways one most spectaculous day in
the year: No, not X-Mas. No, not my birthday. Yes, the day the nearest toy
store got the latest LEGO catalogue! Every year in January or February i really
couldn't wait to get the "new" one and see which sets are new ... And then I
spend hours "reading" the catalogues ;-)

(2) This is a people related story: One day Bill from California asked at
www.1000steine.de if there would be some German AFOL to meet while he was on a
business trip in Germany. We exchanged some email and suddenly, one Sunday in
Summer 2001 the door-bell rings and there he was! LEGO, internet, worldwide
fun! That is just great if it comes to real-reality like that sunday.
http://www.wards.net/~bill/travel/2001/germany/lego-meeting/

(3) And a MOC-related story: After building Namibian's Desert Express as 8-wide
LEGO MOC I was asked by the train operators to build a second copy for
Transnamib Rail Company. And I should bring this copy personally down to
Namibia! Yes, I was invited for a 10 days trip to Namibia in Feb 2002, a ride
on the real Desert Express and a fantastic tour through the Namib desert. It's
unbelievable how many things became reality after just asking for some colored
pics of the real Desert Express ... Thanks to all again who made this trip
possible!

Pictures form the trip:

[In the end I also won a prize in agfanet.com 's contest:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=195688 ]

Yes, that is briefly all I could say about my coolest LEGO experiences!

Kind regards and 1000grüße
HoMa

www.holgermatthes.de