 General / 39884
Re: Coolest LEGO Experience?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.people
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 15:40:27 GMT

As a child, I remember going to a little toy store called the Toy Box in
Augusta Georgia.  I would pick up every classic space Lego set box and pour
over the pictures on the back. I remember dreaming of what crafts could be
made and the imaginary worlds that could be explored with those space ships,
rovers and bases.  Then! hearing Mom say (FINALLY), "We can get you one
today."  OH SWEET JOY!  I chose the 6901 Mobile Lab
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6901_1 (which in hind sight seems an odd
choice...).  It explored every inch of our house... each carpet color was a
different planet, each bed was a different moon.

Those two space men lost the symbols off their chest more than 20 years ago.
The axles on the wheels rusted long ago.... but, playing with that set, the
first classic space set I had the honor of having, will forever and always
be my favorite lego moment ever.

I was scratching through an old box just the other day... and I found an old
grey 1x2 brick.  The classic space symbol was still there, though faded.
You could see teeth marks on the brick (didn't know about brick separators
at age 7).  I smiled looking at it. It was like it was saying, "Hi old
friend, ready to go exploring?"

Chris <><
"Let no one look down on your youthfulness..." 1 Tim. 4:12