 General / 39793
Re: New train poll
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:38:28 GMT

John wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
My first too...

High on my list that isn't a choice would be another design for the wheels.  It
got to the point for us (my son and I) where we needed to make our own design.
A TLC solution would be much more effective and so simple to do.  With only a
few variations necessary to account for the slight difference in track gauges,
TLC could literary *copy* O scale trucks for their molds.

Yea, they could also ask lionel to put a couple studs on the tops of
their trains and call them LEGO...

While I truly appreciate the various models folks come up with, I really
don't want to see TLC put effort into things like more American looking
trucks. Why? Because where does it end then? If you want exact
prototypes, go play with real model trains.

I probably could be convinced about a wheelset with less detail though,
which might be easier to use in custom designs.

Frank
Who isn't going to give up his Bachman HO Cass 5 Shay because he doesn't
expect to ever see a LEGO model which does as good a job at modeling a
Shay.