 Trains / 18615
    New train poll —Harvey Henkelman
   My first too... (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: New train poll —Rob Hendrix
     You missed one... *Bring back the track connector that can be purchased separately! -Rob "Harvey Henkelman" <Ferroequus@webtv.net> wrote in message news:H6o8FB.FH7@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: New train poll —Frank Filz
     (...) 1 steam engine wheels (a small number of parts would make a whole range of nice models much easier to build) 2 new structures (model railroads are more than just track and trains) 3 working signals etc. (accessories are always fun) 4 small (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: New train poll —John Neal
     (...) High on my list that isn't a choice would be another design for the wheels. It got to the point for us (my son and I) where we needed to make our own design. A TLC solution would be much more effective and so simple to do. With only a few (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

         Re: New train poll —Frank Filz
     (...) Yea, they could also ask lionel to put a couple studs on the tops of their trains and call them LEGO... While I truly appreciate the various models folks come up with, I really don't want to see TLC put effort into things like more American (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

         Re: New train poll —John Neal
     (...) My point was that it would be a relatively simple exercise, as opposed to something a bit more complicated like designing functioning crossing lights for instance. Although again, if TLC's design team doesn't try and reinvent the wheel every (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: New train poll —Ronald Vallenduuk
     Short reasoning behind my vote: 1. Steam engine wheels. I posted about this before. The 'My Train' and the HP train look ridiculous: top half steam train, bottom half diesel. Just look at 7750.... 2. 6-wheel train motor. Same story: to make more (...) (21 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

         Re: New train poll —Stefan Garcia
     (...) I was watching a movie set in Europe yesterday and I realized one of the reasons they were so willing to go along with that was because that is how some British trains look. They look like they're set on a baseplate, as opposed to the seperate (...) (21 years ago, 7-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

         Re: New train poll —Jason J. Railton
     (...) Could you find any pictures on the net? I've never seen a train that looks anything like the MOT wheel arrangments; certainly not the castle class locomotive from Harry Potter. Jason J Railton (21 years ago, 9-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

        Re: New train poll —Ross Crawford
   (...) ROSCO (21 years ago, 8-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)