 General / 39873
Re: Where to buy Holiday Tree (WAS: Xmas "Loose Brick Holiday Tree" pack problems)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:01:43 GMT

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELETE-TO-REPLY@apotome.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego.direct, Thomas Stangl writes:

[ ... snipped ... ]

Stupid question....

Is this kit available from Shop At Home?  Or is it only available through
the LEGO stores?  I looked on the Shop At Home site but didn't see • anything.
Am I missing it?

I saw Tom's scans and thought that was a really cool way to build a tree. • I
like the way they used the 1 x 1 bricks (studs on sides) to form the • trunk.
I also realized I have none of those bricks in my collection and wouldn't
mind some of them, and the green plates to boot.

So, is there any way for a mere mortal to purchase this item?  Or is it • one
of those ultra-exclusive, "Hard To Find" items?

Signed,
Hopeful

To the best of my knowledge it is only available (actually I think "was"
would more appropriate) through official LEGO retail establishments
(LEGOLand, LEGO Stores, etc.).  I bought what was reported to me as the last
one at the Chicago store last Wednesday.  The only reason they had the one I
bought was because someone had returned it due to it missing pieces.

The tree kit came in a clear plastic zip lock type bag with a black and
white label with the words "Grab Bag" on it.  The Chicago store had some
other grab bags but they all contained some miscellaneous Duplo elements.
The grab bag had three check boxes on the bottom, one for Duplo, System, and
Technic.  On the tree the System block was colored in red.  Mine is floating
around here somewhere, I'll try and find it and take a picture of it.

I believe the "Grab Bag" packaging has replaced the scratch and dent table
at the LEGO Outlet stores.  The Outlet stores now break down damaged
inventory and bag it up and sell it.  The last time I was at Potomac Mills
(sometime last summer) they had a big bin of minifigs packaged up this way.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com

Mike