 Trains / *3382 (-100)
  Re: Longest train?

(...) What about the real ones with mid train helpers? CP Coal trains in the rockies used to (don't know if they do any more) get 12 3000 HP engines, 4 front, 4 mid, 4 end. They even had a big pileup from a little mistake that they made (and you (...) (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GATS Tampa Show...

(...) This may be a very stupid question, but my wife and I have been wondering... Just what scale are LEGO Trains? Thanks Dean (25 years ago, 21-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  3rd round of Pics from OMSI

Hi All, I just added a 3rd round of pics that Kim took of the OMSI layout. www.pnltc.org under Galleries SteveB (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Consumer Affairs told me that after talking to many focus groups that they decided it was not used and thus cut for cost savings again (standard good corp practice)... and good for them, it seems like they need to cut some corners to stay in (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Longest train?

I would tend to say that when we are talking "longest train" that there ought to be two categories: The "pure" category should require all motors be on contiguous units located at the front (so as to allow multiple units but not allow spacing the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

(...) This is the big 'down side' of the 1.5. The computers themselves are identical, and you can run 1.5 software on the older brick. For the educational market (dacta stuff), Lego are still supplying all the units with the jacks. The suggestion is (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Longest train?

PNLTC did 63 or 65 cars at the Feb '99 GATS show in Portland. We had three engines, but I'm not sure if it was three or five motors total. We had two engines pulling and one pushing at the end. Are all your motors pulling? How do you keep it from (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Steve, and anyone else interested, There should be another way to power the RCX, but I'm not sure if you can get the stuff to do it anymore. (if TLG is replacing them with the old stock 'with a good reason' then that is the best way to go) You used (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Powering trains w/ RCX

Steve, AFAIK, the two RCX versions are identical, apart from the power jack that is. Regards, Arjen "sebarile-MOBL" <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote in message news:Fn1xFt.H1C@lugnet.com... (...) you (...) of (...) it (...) Is (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Powering trains w/ RCX

Hi All, I just got a Mindstorms 1.5 and the RCX does *NOT* have an AC jack! So if you plan to power the rails from a stationary location, plan on having a lot of batteries or a rechargable battery setup... I called LEGO Consumer Affairs and they are (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Two Metroliners

Andreas, I did the same. I left the current coach design in tact except for the window arrangments. In two coaches I used 4 regular windows on each side. The center post is 2 studs wide and the outer two posts are 1 stud wide. On the second set of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Longest train?

What is the longest train anyone has run? I'm up to 61 cars/3 motors pulling...and its running quite happy in the background right now... James Powell (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Grinch replies... (was GATS Tampa Show...)

Some tongue in cheek humor for all the LTC members that have spent long hours at many shows. After setting up for 8 hours on Friday and a long tied weekend answering the small questions over and over and over, knowing that tear down is between you (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 50 stud "multi porpose" trailer train car (TTX)

Pretty good looking. The only problem I have is using the little train wheels. I've built some train cars using these wheels and they create a lot of drag in a train. Any one have any solutions to that? (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Quick 4565 Q

(...) It works well if you intend to part out a set, or for smaller kids. I don't like it but that is as a AFOL (except in 1000+ piece sets like 8448 :) James Powell (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Quick 4565 Q

(...) I actually like the individual bags. We get the 4560 in europe for ~$75, so I can't complain about that set _too_ much. (...) I had over looked this. Scott A (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Quick 4565 Q

(...) NO! Thank all lego saints it does not come like the 4560 et al. It predates 4560/1 by quite a while (3 years) and is much better of a set. James Powell (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Quick 4565 Q

Does the 4565 come Jr poly bags like the 5660/4561? Scott A (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: broken motor

(...) I mentioned this in a sub-thread (?) but I thought I would reply to this message because, well, it seemed to fit. I want to clarify that I called Lego Customer Relations at 800-453-4677 and they agreed to send me a replacement motor by mail as (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built an ICE-train of lego?

Tobias Möller wrote in message ... (...) I did it's Dutch/Belgian/French counterpart, the thalys: (URL) trains from menu Eric Brok -------- Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Submit your own link: (URL) section: (URL) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: broken motor

Hi Scott, I've got some spare 5040 Monorail motors mint in sealed box I'll sell you one or two at $50.00 each plus postage. Mark H. (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  GATS Tampa Show...

Hi all, Well the Tampa show is a rap. We had a great time at the GATS show and hope to see some of you at the next show if your in town. We got 4th place, but I think that's not bad, since we had three weeks notice that we were in the show and the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Opinions on the 4561

(...) it (...) I remember wondering what the sets designers were thinking when they covered up the printed tiles in that "black box." And you're right...that engine really needs help! Even with all that this really is a nice set. (...) Don't remind (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Opinions on the 4561

G'Day I also never really liked this set, until I got one (on sale of course!), it does sort of grow on you. I had to LOL at the 'black box' included in the engine (which, yes, does need a lot of reworking. But that's what LEGO is all about, eh?). (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: broken motor

(...) Oh, that's fine. But the suggestion was that he try to get a free one as a spare. (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New site for the NGLTC

Robin, Yeah I'll have to see what I can do. I tried to make it to the Tampa show, matter of fact I was in Tampa all this past week, but had to come home before the weekend. I was really trying to find an excuse to stay over the weekend. Good luck (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: FOTY!!!...!!!

Congratulations! I wish I could find something similar, in Space, but somehow, everyone seem to know how valuable old space stuff are... --Tobias (...) married (...) So (...) Then (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: directional lighting

In my opinion, that would ruin the feeling of LEGO. If you wanted things like that, then you could build them yourself (like a lot of people makes MindStorms sensors). LEGO is a toy for children, and I doubt that a 6-year old would have fun with (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: broken motor

But if he says he wants to buy them? Why would LEGO want to *keep* the motor, if they get *money* for it? --Tobias (...) break (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Anyone built an ICE-train of lego?

Here´s some more pictures (and info) for those who want it: (URL) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Anyone built an ICE-train of lego?

That would be awesome! For those of you who don´t know what an ICE-train is, it´s a high-speed train used in Germany. ICE means "Inter City Express". There´s a picture here: (URL) You´ll have to scroll down a bit. Or, go directly to the picture (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 50 stud "multi porpose" trailer train car (TTX)

(...) would want to design a city around it when it (...) yes, about 2.4 bricks inside, about 4 outside seen here (URL) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FOTY!!!...!!!

(...) Yeah, I think that's a FOTY... Then again, there's only a bit more than 10 days left in this year, so it'll be hard to top that find. :) Why don't I ever get "finds" like that... Bryan (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: FOTY!!!...!!!

And who says there isnt a Santa Claus. :) Congrats!!! (...) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 50 stud "multi porpose" trailer train car (TTX)

(...) Yeah, it looks cool, but who would want to design a city around it when it will take out nearby buildings on the curves? How far off center does it get in the middle when it goes 'round the bend? Steve Martin (57) (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New site for the NGLTC

(...) James, The web site look good... Maybe we could meet or link up at the GATS Show in Tallahassee in Jan. of 2000? The GFLTC and I plan to be at the show. See Ya... Robin GFLTC (25 years ago, 19-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: FOTY!!!...!!!

(...) Lucky Find! Good Show. I'll bet it's not MISB any longer heh heh. Dean (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) train (...) rung (...) some, (...) The Sacramento ZB had them on sale last night for $99.95. They had three on the shelf when I left. They may have more in the back also. Dan (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping)

  FOTY!!!...!!!

Ok, my dad knows this guy who is really into model trains ( the guy is married but doesn't have any kids). So as I was saying, he was really into model trains...and back in 1992 his wife bought him a 4558 Lego METROLINER!!. He of course said that (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  50 stud "multi porpose" trailer train car (TTX)

see a few pics at www.geocities.com/tb...50sttr.gif www.geocities.com/tb...-trhan.gif this car han hold 8 stud containers, 16 stud containers and 12 stud. also 22 stud trailers too (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  My Students say Lego trains are cool!!!

This week I brought my train to work and my students loved it.I built a motorcar and a flat car.The kids put the mini figs on the flat car and inside the train.I set a five min tine to run since we have 45 min free time at the end of the day. From (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) Lets just say Mallet, since that is what it is...not a Fairlie or a Beyer-Garratt (although, a true mallet is compound...like a Y6B) (...) You should only -see- what was tried... Hmm...now that gives me a idea...a large prototypical engine (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) A 'sharp' curve in this instance is 10 degrees (measured against a 100 ft tangent (straight line)...it really doesn't translate...(unless someone has the figures handy...the brits did it easer, with a warning "This engine not to be operated (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: good steam engine

You can do better than expanding on a LEGO model. I have an OK one on my site (URL) follow the links to trains and engines. check Eric Brok's site (URL) PNLTC site has some really nice stuff too (URL) Mathis is a wizzard; he has some great stuff to (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Opions on the 4561

(...) Do what my wife did. Buy another set. Then carefully cut the train numbers and you get two more cars and a caboose! Dean (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) From the articulation point to the rub point (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) Over what distance do you get the two foot variance from the tangent? Will (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) Remember, real curves are not very tight. You get at most 2 feet or so of variance from tangent unless we're talking extremely light branches or logging roads... I'm not sure if there are pics of it from the top on a tight curve... MOST 2 (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  RE:4558 for sale at Lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade

Lego Metroliner is for sale at Lugnet.market.buy-se...ade.Please check for full details.If you have any questions please email me. Thanks,Michael. (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

Dan Now that is unbelieveable! I must have missed that original posting! (URL) or anyone. What does the real Big Boy look like (from the top) when going around a tight curve? Is there a pic anywhere? Where are the pivot points? SteveB (...) axels (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Opions on the 4561

I happen to like this set myself. Well, except for the engine that is. I think that the engine should be bigger ;) The cars on the other hand, are very cool :) Troy ----- Original Message ----- From: Steve Martin <martinsa@mail.com> Newsgroups: (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) more (...) Money was a limiting factor here as well, if that makes you feel any better! (otherwise I would have bought all of them!) Now I'm just waiting for the next check to come in so I can pay my truck payment and the phone bill!! (Gotta (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: good steam engine

Also try looking at the alternate model on the 4565 (Matt Bates has instructions up on his site). It doesn't use that many rare parts, I believe. Since they seem to be on sale at Zany Brainy this week, you may be able to pick up the 4565 cheap if (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Two Metroliners

(...) I don't own a Metroliner (though I do own some Metroliner parts), but I do have some ideas. Do you have any extra grey train windows (you need one more pair)? I would take all the windows from the 4 engines and make a 2nd coach. If you don't (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Opions on the 4561

(...) While I haven't built this set yet, I have to say that based on the pictures it is a decent set. No, it doesn't look like any real train I know of, but it is a lot better than 4559. The only really terrible thing is the engine. I try and look (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Two Metroliners

I'm a little giddy since I'll be getting a second Metroliner in the near future. Thanks so much, Scott. But my question is, has anyone converted a metroliner into three passenger cars? I'm wondering how to divide the windows and doors between the (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Opions on the 4561

Oops, I mean 'opinions'. Steve (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  4. Train Event

Hi all, I have added a few new pictures of some new creations of mine, which will be shown at the FGLTCs fourth train event in a couple of days (dez. 28 -30). All visitors are invited to come along and take a look at our layout in Brunswick / (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

For anyone who's interested, the Zany Brainy in Rocky River, Ohio, has a bunch of the 4565's in stock. I bought one last night, and there were probably at least ten still in stick. Anyone who lives nearby, or is looking for a store to ship one from, (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Opions on the 4561

I was on KB-Kids website and I noticed these reviews of the 4561. Obviously, even though the AFOL trainheads don't seem to like the newer sets as well, the kids do. I must say my son certainly likes it. Sometimes I think the adults miss the magic (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

(...) WAshington Metropoliton Area Lego Users Group. Pronounced WAM-A-LUG or WA-MA-LUG. We were the Northern Virginia Lego Train Club (NOVALTC) but decided to change our name to garner more membership. (...) Wait till you hear our song :) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

(...) WAMALUG = WAshington Metro Area Lego User Group Jeff P.S. I kinda liked the crossing. But I think most of the other members overruled me. ;) (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

(...) I came up with the idea at the LEGO Outlet in VA when I saw the Belville set 5840 Garden Playmates. The pink low slope bricks were screaming LEVEL CROSSING, much to the dismay of the other members of WAMALUG. I never thought of her of being (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New site for the NGLTC

James J. Trobaugh wrote in message ... (...) oops, sorry thet's "by the end of the weekend..." I think I need some more caffeine this morning (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  New site for the NGLTC

We have FINALLY set up a domain for the North Georgia LEGO Train Club. Hopefully buy the end of the day you will be able to visit us at www.ngltc.org, for now you can come to (URL) and see the new site. It's being loaded as the day goes on (between (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: good steam engine

(...) Try this link for one of my favorites: (URL) well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) axels (...) Just as a note here, I believed, but cannot confirm (Although I'm extremely talented, and handsome too, mind reading clear across the Pacific isn't one of my talents that I choose to use) that Jonathan's original question was (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  good steam engine

Can anyone offer assistance (pointers, instuctions, pictures) in building a good steam engine. I have a 7722 engine, but want something a bit bigger. Jimmy (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RR MoW Equipment

(...) Check out my town and train links at: (URL) is a section on non-revenue cars which has several MOW vehicles (and anyone who isn't listed, feel free to respond to this thread and I will add your page). Also check out the general "Train Cars" (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: 4565 Review

(...) How does the "scale" work? I have this set too, but I have a hard time opening brand new unopened sets... :) Bryan (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) bricks long and the tender is an additional 33 bricks, making a grand total of 97 bricks. The wheel arrangement for a Big Boy is 4-8-8-4 plus another 7 axels on the tender. There is a picture of a very early prototype on my web site, but I (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

Hey, what does WAMALUG stand for? It is fun to say... Chris (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 4565 Review

Michael, I purchased 4 of these today at the local Zany Brainy, and just finished putting one of them together. I am very happy with it. I've not had alot of experience with trains, but this set seems to have alot of interesting parts. My one nit so (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) after (...) I stopped by my local ZB last night and, much to my dismay, they were out of the 4565. The lady I spoke with said they were quite popular. They did happen to have a 4559 behind the counter that I noticed. When I asked, another lady (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) after (...) Just found out that Zany Brainy has a 20% off one LEGO item sale starting this Sunday. Does anyone know whether this can be combined with the 4565 at $99 offer? Also, somewhat off-topic, how long will the Shuttles be marked down to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) Heh, here in Canada. Myself (28) and my wife (31) go buy lego all the time. We get asked the same questions. "Oh, is this for your ____?" Nope, I say it's for my Wife. GRIN. She has almost every Castle set ever. She has all the Adventurers (...) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

Well that crossing is just SICK ;-) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

(...) total number of wheels, then. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

(...) LOL! I love the pink level crossing! Is the young lady in the lounger the crossing staff? Kevin (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Output (Train applications)

This sounds interesting, but trying to understand it in the middle of class has my head swimming ;-) Any chance of diagrams and pics? I ust picked up my first trains and RIS last week, so I want to hook them together and have some fun with my cats (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) is (...) I think I remember the price being something like $159.99 when I bought on at TRU in 1993. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

The Mayfield Hts, Ohio store had them on sale for $99. I bought 4 of them :) There were still some (3) left, so if anyone in the area wants them, better get there soon. Troy Tom Stangl <toms@netscape.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: WAMALUG Train Pics

Note: you can sort of make out the black metroliner and white metroliner coach in these pics: (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ponte Vecchio - Elevated Road Bridge Over Rail

Thanks, Gary, for the interesting bits about the bridge in Florence. (Got to get my cities straight.) I also looked at Eric J's pictures, neato. I'm going to start a "journal" format web page for this project. The first two pictures are at (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

Scott E. Sanburn wrote: <SNIP> LOL I think I would have said the same thing. I often buy lego and when they ask me if I want it wrapped in paper, I say no. Then they look strange at me, but don´t say anything (I´m 14, so I still can buy lego without (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

Ben Fleskes might have this honor in all catagories! if you look close you can see Ben's SP&S 700 (URL) at his web site under SP&S 700 (URL) new Daylight is also a master piece! (URL) I think that the engine should actually work (around curves "C" (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  WAMALUG Train Pics

We have some pictures of the layout we put together at our build-a-thon a few weeks ago. They haven't been uploaded to the site yet, but you can check them out at (URL) to Dan and Jen for the pics. -Chris Here's a description of the pics: (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Saint Louis Club

All right, We seem to have about 6 times as much initial interest in a Saint Louis Club for Lego fans than we had last year at this time. Hopefully, thats enough to get started! So, lets go with it! Everyone is invited to my house Saturday so we (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.loc.us.mo.kan, lugnet.loc.us.mo, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Looking for 4565 Review

Hi Michael, IMO it's a good set. Mine has two motors on the locomotive and it pulls 15 cars easily ... and it looks cool with working lights on both ends. Play well, - Nick - (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Looking for 4565 Review

Is there a review of Lego train set 4565 at lugnet? Or could anybody give me there opinion of this set.Is it worth it to buy it?? Thanks,Michael. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) Hmm, the two Zany Brainys here have several signs up advertising the speed controller for $19.95 when purchased at the same time as 4565. Of course a parent in a hurry might not notice that, but then I would never expect the register clerk (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) Yep, there are photos at: (URL) are pictures taken out here in Newfoundland...the track here is a bit wonky for running, but I should get a chance to do some repair work this spring, then more running of the engine. James Powell (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) Hmmm... I got the Futuron one from a neighbor, who didn't like LEGO'S that much. I got it for 80.00? I loved it. I played with that for hours, having it connect my Space Base with my city. for the 6399 Airport Shuttle, I saved for moths to get (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

Define largest. Total weight? Weight on drivers? Length? (with or without the tender?) Number of wheels? Number of driven wheels? Tractive force produced? Depending on your metric you get different answers. I know that to be true, but I don't know (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

(...) But that's part of the FUN of live steam, no? (...) Yes, I think you're right about that! Turbulent flow would be much more likely to disperse the smoke by the time it got back to the cab than laminar flow would. I wonder if streamlined (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  What is the largest lego steam engine ever built?

What is the largest lego steam engine ever built and who built it? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 17-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy

(...) think (...) The ZB in Dublin, CA had 6 left this afternoon. BTW the sales clerk didn't know that this set requires the speed regulator. Hope no kid ends up with one of these on Christmas morning and won't be able to use it. (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

(...) MSRP --Todd (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.database)

  Re: Elephant ears (was Re: What are the fins on some steam locomotives for?

Hey, do you have pictures of your little steamer? They would be neat to see. Chris (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Do you like monorails?

When the first space monorail came out I was not very impressed, but I said to myself, "If they ever make a town monorail I will get one." LEGO did so I did. I walked in to Toys R Us just to see what was new, and there it was. I bought it with (...) (25 years ago, 16-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact