 Trains / 3205
Re: 4565 is $50 off at Zany Brainy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 04:36:31 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Scott Devine writes:
I was at Zany Brainy tonight and noticed a flyer saying the 4565 freight train
was $50 off until the 24th, making it $99..  I didn't buy one or have one rung
up, so I cannot guarantee that price..

I also found out that some Zany Brainy's will authorize a sale price even • after
the sale concludes.. I was able to purchase a Technic shuttle (8480) for $75
from an out-of-state Zany Brainy.. My instate (Ohio) ones would not honor the
past-due sale...

Scott D.

I stopped by my local ZB last night and, much to my dismay, they were out of
the 4565.  The lady I spoke with said they were quite popular.  They did
happen to have a 4559 behind the counter that I noticed.  When I asked,
another lady mentioned that she found it in the storeroom and brought it up
front to put out.  I asked to see it, noticed the $130 price tag, and asked
about a possible discount on the 4559 since they were out of the 4565s.  I was
quite pleased when they agreed to take $50 off the price of the 4559, which
brought it down to $85 (with tax).

I must admit, I was surprised at the "wheelin' and dealin'" (as the sales lady
called it) Zany Brainy does.  I guess it depends a lot on the sales person you
happen to get.  I was pleased and if I weren't a repeat customer already, I'd
be one now.

So, just a note...if you see any other train sets in ZB, they might be willing
to cut you a deal if they're out of the 4565!

Steven Broughton