 Trains / 3269
3268  |  3270
Subject:
Powering trains w/ RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 18:16:41 GMT

Hi All,
I just got a Mindstorms 1.5 and the RCX does *NOT* have an AC jack! So if you
plan to power the rails from a stationary location, plan on having a lot of
batteries or a rechargable battery setup...

I called LEGO Consumer Affairs and they are happy to trade it for me. But it
is on a case by case basis (standard good corp practice)...

Here are some set numbers as a reference
9719 = Mindstorm ver 1.0 (w/AC jack)
9747 = Mindstorm ver 1.5 (w/ *NO* AC jack)
9709 = RCX replacement (w/AC jack)

BTW is there any other hardware of firmware differences between 1.0 & 1.5? Is
there a way to down load a 1.5 kernal to a 1.0 RCX?
SteveB