 Trains / 3303
Re: Powering trains w/ RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:40:48 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Richard Earley writes:

If there is a "cost" issue between the 1.0 and 1.5, Has anyone seen the • savings
passed on to the buyers? Probably too mutch to ask.... ;-)

-Rich

In lugnet.trains, Matthew Miller writes:
sebarile-MOBL <steve.e.barile@intel.com> wrote:
Consumer Affairs told me that after talking to many focus groups that they
decided it was not used and thus cut for cost savings again (standard good
corp practice)... and good for them, it seems like they need to cut some
corners to stay in business.

Despite the fact that a lot of people here use wall power, I think that CA
is probably right in that the vast majority of mindstorms robots are
vehicles. Ah well. Something for "Dear Lego"....
Well, lets think, a rectification bridge, a voltage regulator, and an external
power connector. In 'trade' quantities, you are talking well under 50 cents
(probably more like 20 cents). If Lego are paying much more than this for
these parts, I would be very suprised...

Best Wishes