 Trains / 3272
Re: Longest train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:18:49 GMT

PNLTC did 63 or 65 cars at the Feb '99 GATS show in Portland.  We had three
engines, but I'm not sure if it was three or five motors total.

We had two engines pulling and one pushing at the end.

Are all your motors pulling?  How do you keep it from breaking the couplers
apart?  Is your train mostly double bogie cars or the shorter single wheelsets
at each end variety.  How long is the train in it's entirety.  I think our was
about 30 feet or so.

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
What is the longest train anyone has run?

I'm up to 61 cars/3 motors pulling...and its running quite happy in the
background right now...

James Powell