 Trains / 3337
Re: Longest train?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 1999 00:21:53 GMT

My experience tells me the bigggest factor limiting the length of the train is
the number of curves you have and their configuration.  Take you same 71 car
train and try to drive it through a double s-curve.  That is 8 curves one way,
then 8 the other way.

I -know- that the train would not make it with HEP only through a curve like
that.  My upper level is a straight oval, about 25 straights each side.

The figures I have seen seem to indicate that a 10 Degree curve has as much
drag added as a .3 percent grade...and the lego curves are more like 60-70
degrees, which adds a lot of drag...

James Powell