 Trains / *17969 (-100)
  Re: Spamcake Diner

Spamcake should soon show up in 2 locations in shiningston!! Yes I said 2! One was planned to be built into a minimall... Josh (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

New SpamCake Diner franchise opens in the Pacific Northwest! www.brickshelf.com/c...i?i=176539 SteveB PNLTC PS Please ignor the building's shadow on the clouds :) (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

(...) Lots of threads on this have came and went. My most recent version is: (URL) works off of 0-9v power, any polarity, and signals it's position visually. Ed (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

(...) that you have posted in your Brickshelf folder! I really admire your work and other 8 widers in Germany-- can't you talk to Ben and show *him* the light;-) lol I just thought of something-- each of our countries has a masterbuilder who refuses (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My new creation

(...) There are a lot of nice surfaces and details that make this engine interesting to look at. There is, however, one important detail that you have omitted which will come in handy-- a *fuel tank*:-) For me, a nice, big and low fuel tank really (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner

Mmmmmh! This page looks *delicious*! The Spamcake Diner is really great, everytime I come across a picture of it on brickshelf, it makes me smile to myself. Especially the rotating dog on the roof. And the pinball machine. And the Spamcake under (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Switch Point

Here's where I posted about a DAT file of my best one so far: (URL) still planning some modifications, but it has directional control, overrun protection, and works on unmodified points. It also uses fairly common components, though you will need (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  My new creation

I can't call this a MOC since it is really my attempt to replicate the SD40-2 that Christopher Masi has on his web site. The differences between his and mine are mainly due to parts availability, but I did add working headlights, a backlit front (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Spamcake Diner

Greetings Spamcake Consumers! It's been awhile in the making, but I finally have a decent page up for the Spamcake Diner. It has a few new pictures, and I might add a few more. Bookmark and feel free to visit (URL) and criticisms are of course (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.publish.html) !!

  Re: NGLTC show this weekend at the Dawsonville LEGO Outlet

It gets better...look at the bottom of the sign..the Lego logo and the NGLTC logo are side by side...and that (printed) sign came from Lego! (Call us Georgia boys simple, but when I saw that sign, I thought it was really cool..so cool, I had to take (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NGLTC show this weekend at the Dawsonville LEGO Outlet

I guess it was ok with them since they made the sign, all I did was send them a copy of the NGLTC logo. They've been very helpful in facilitating our display at their store (even offering to provide breakfast and lunch for the club) jt (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Motorized Switch Point

Hi all, I am working on a motorized switch point for my father in law. I saw the thread that's still around from a few years ago, but a lot of the links are broken. Does anyone have a motorized switch point which works fairly well? Tom (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NGLTC show this weekend at the Dawsonville LEGO Outlet

(...) Yep, nice sign. If I'm not mistaken, there's a little (TM) right next to LEGO, which I think would placate TLC somewhat... ROSCO (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: NGLTC show this weekend at the Dawsonville LEGO Outlet

(...) Wow! I'm impressed with that sign. They even let you use the word LEGO in the name of your club! KL (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  NGLTC show this weekend at the Dawsonville LEGO Outlet

This Saturday (May 25th) the NGLTC is presenting a display in front of the Dawsonville, Georgia LEGO Outlet store. This is a one day display and free to the public. If you're in the area please come by and say "hi" and check out the deals at the (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl)

  Re: MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

(...) from trying a British CoCo locomotive. Do you have more detailed plans ? Chris (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: 8w DSB MY engine (one of those famous NOHABs)

Hi folks, I just uploaded the pictures of my DSB MY diesel engine. Those engines were used in several european countries, even in the communistic Hungary! They were based on the EMD F7 design adapted to european requirements. Have fun, Andreas (URL) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Sand tower

I built this a few days back, because I've had the 2x4x4 half round panels sitting around for the last few months. (URL) the pics would actully upload, I would have posted this 15 mins ago!) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn and InterRegio

(...) Thanks. (...) I suppose I should try to model this wedge. Hmmm.... (...) That sounds nice. A view I have never had. (...) I have been most inspired by Markus Strick's Ticket Center 6-wide models. He has built an InterCity in red and white. He (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn and InterRegio

Hi James, I haven't been at brickshelf's recent uploads in the past days. Very very nice new train models out or your PC! I know the Interregio very well because I use it to travel to my parents. The one I use is always a mixture of blue-white (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 wide spotted

(...) In capitals, because Peer is from Germany (and we write nearly every second word in capitals - even in English)? Indeed - I agree it is a great model. I think he should have tried to use round 1x1 plates as big drive wheels under the engine (...) (22 years ago, 22-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) I grew up riding Buddliners (on the B&M). According to my mother, I've ridden in the cab of one (but I don't remember it very well). One of her friends was an engineer and regularly ran the route which went through Concord MA. Here's a link (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2 wide spotted

(...) This is a great idea for a garland for a Christmas tree (please don't kill me, I'm just thinking ahead <G>). >> Mark << (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  2ND ANNUAL GALAXY ENFORCER CONTEST

(URL) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  New MOC: Red Building

Nothing too earth-shattering here, but I did have some fun with the use of different textures (with some creative assistance from my son Ross). Check out the facade across the top-- all minifig legs:-) The uh, rear is even better-- looks like a moon (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Would LEGO(R) Train fans suppourt an anti T&V campagin?

I couldn't agree with you more Alex. Ever since I started working for CSX (since January), I've seen my share of trespassers on the rails, people who weave their vehicles around the gates at grade crossings, and truck drivers who ignore the bells (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Would LEGO(R) Train fans suppourt an anti T&V campagin?

Hi, Recently , I suggested on a train-simulator forum that the train-simulator community could have a role to play in educating the public about the dangers of tresspass and vanadlism on the railways.. This led to the site at : (URL) are available (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

(...) Not quite the same as in the Marklin catalog. I have just found this link to a reseller of Marklin items: (URL) don't know if this link will work or not. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

(...) Dunno if it is the same, but the DB museum have an Adler in their collection. (URL) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

(...) Glad you like it. Amazing, eh? Well, perhaps that is due in part to a liberal use of non-standard color elements. In particular, I used red 9v train motor decorative side pieces. (LEGO(R) made gray ones. How about a parts accessory pack with (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Poster

Wow, this is nice. Btw, I didn't spend allot of time at the site but everything I saw looked good! dan parker, PNLTC and TrainBuilder Productions, LLC (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) *This* link is one of my favorites which I have bookmarked-- I get lots of great photo references there (was getting some from there this morning as a matter of fact:-) -John (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) such a web site. I only hope is that it was done by an ESLer (where it would be excusable) -John (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

Actually, here's a good page showing Many Many electric MU examples, including Metroliners in several schemes (URL) images link to the individual sites which have more info. (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

Just to close the loop on this, someone asked what the US name for EMU or DMUs would be and I have to say I don't know. The closest I can think for a DMU would be the Budd RDC (Rail Diesel Car) Here's a link to an overview of these (URL) that they (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  2 wide spotted

(URL) that Cool with a capital C or what? (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest tentative Train agenda

Thanks Frank. You are the 12V guy! Does anyone have an interest in the 4.5V layout? (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

In word YES this is amazing, I saw you post and thought that you were talking about (URL) this is brilliant Get some instructions made james !!! Tim (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS display - first day a success.

Hi BUGS A bit late in replying but i would like to post something i got from some Relis when they went to your show. (...) Gnome says: i hope you tell them how much we enjoyed the train show but it needed a bit more promotion as ken missed it and (...) (22 years ago, 20-May-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:GwBxqF.JwC@lugnet.com... (...) Yes, something like that would be possible, I just haven't got round to it... (...) I haven't yet ventured into 8 wide, but I'm tempted this once. (...) Not that (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Thomas the Tank Engine ;) - MOC

That's a great Thomas, bet it's a hit with the kiddies! -Harvey (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Thomas the Tank Engine ;) - MOC

G'day... well 1st of all, I have to say I don't know diddly-squat about trains and building them... so therefore I shall present you with 'My First Thomas' lol, yeah, he's probably not to scale, and neither is half the toys out there based on him... (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest tentative Train agenda

(...) I'd love to coordinate this one. (...) Frank (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) It depends. Does Via count as a class 1 line? How about CP? Victoria still has its roundhouse, used for the Budd cars. (which, btw, will be around until at least the 15th of june...its a on-again, off-again issue here, the E&N is not going to (...) (22 years ago, 19-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) Can you overlap the tile with a plate or brick that is attached across the width of the tile or possibly from behind the tile? (...) OK, I never real-brick-built this. Thanks for letting me know. Off to my brick pile... (...) I like the 2x2 (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) Huh... I guess I forgot to tell you: there is no such thing as Radio Shack here! Plus, is the US designation the same as in Europe? (...) These I have a couple (from my "little chemist's" pack); I will use them shortly, thank you! (...) (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Gw84or.MEM@lugnet.com... (...) experimenting with various designs today. (URL) liked your design, and used it as a basis for the green and red version. I'm not entirely happy with the front, (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  New Train Poster

All, After several weeks of what must surely have been hours of work, Jeroen has produced another terrific poster. And this time, I had the honor of having him develop the poster with my Locomotive design! He has also created a desktop (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) <snip> (...) 20# wire from Radio shack works fine. Also, for quick prototyping, use small alligator clips. they can by clipped on the ends of sidings, or in loops, pressed horizontally into one of the four slots on each side of the track. (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

Hold on for a few weeks. I have a new design to present which meets all your criteria for a remotely operated switch. In the meantime, you should absolutely design your layout for manual switching. It is much more satisfying (and prototypical!) (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn

Do you think,too,that James Mathis is every day more clever as a train builder? (URL) Foto - Crea e condividi i tuoi album fotografici online (URL) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

In lugnet.trains, Ed McGlynn writes: (snipped) (...) This one, I have put to work so far in my current layout. It's the easy part, I think... (...) But how will the TS reach the inner loop, if the switch in the center is set to straight? Shouldn't (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) I will, thank you. BTW, is it possible to use a regular wire (non-LEGO) to make tests? Later I'd replace it with the real stuff, but in order to test faster I may need to use this procedure (if it is possible, what are the specifications of (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) That looks a little taller than I'd like to build one. I'm tempted to lower it overall and just use curves between the bogeys. Even though it's not so realistic it might fit better overall, and it means (allowing for bogus motor bogeys) you (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) There's also a way to use only one controller to run at least two trains, but both are at the same speed. While probably not what Pedro's looking for, it leads into more complicated electrical block control. Here's a folder with an example: (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Low-tech & low cost controls

(...) Funny you should mention. I just this month gave a 10 minute talk to my train club on the merits of electrical block control. Perhaps I can help out. (...) True. (...) True. (...) Additional feeder wires every 25-100 ft or so should reduce the (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) That's true. I'd recommend 48 if LUCNY had real estate right now to display Wayne's design, but we don't. I think starting with a 32 would be prototypical and fit our table design. (...) Yes, that's also true. Steamtown's table is large, but (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) I would go 48 if I could. But I should hasten to point out that it is prototypical for engines not to fit on the turntable in US practice. It happened fairly frequently. The most common solution was to service the engine in the stall that was (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) it, just the main drive. It's a fairly standard drive with the motor in the house. Another note, Steve's setup is very modular. Although it makes up a fixed configuration (that spans at least a 5x8 foot area when the yard is included), it's (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Steve Ringe, our 8 Wide King. I will see if I can get him to reply, he usually is too busy building to post much. (...) The turntable sequences by using mindstorms touch sensors to detect when the table is "close" to the approach track and (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) The vestibule plates are quite beefy on some MU's (eg 156 sprinters). Yours doesn't look bad at all as it stands but you should try the snot technique or something similar, I'm sure it would look even better. There are techniques that the (...) (22 years ago, 15-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Congrats to Ross and his proud father! If I read the inteview I still cannot imagine a 12-years old sitting in front of Max. Indeed, very smart answers.... (...) Ross is a friend of mine! Big steam engines drive wheels - exactely what I ask (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Thanks for sharing these ideas: I have had the motor outside the turntable and had a long connecting axle hidden underneath the turntables visible floor. But in the end this lead to my 5 bricks high solution, that I dislike. In a beta-version (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Na... he'd immediately switch to 10 wide because it would be "more realistic" or some similar folderol, you can be sure of that! :-) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

Cool models Ross! Great to see younger builder getting props! I knew your were a great builder when you and your father stop in on a Florida train show! I am proud to say I have seen his work up close and hope the see it again soon? Build on... (...) (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Ahh, but what a way to go:-) -John (22 years ago, 17-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest tentative Train agenda

For BrickFest 2002, the following are tentatively planned for Train events: - 9V Train and Town layout - 12V Train layout - 4.5V Train layout - Roundtable discussion on layout design and operation - DCC clinic - Presentation on getting started in (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) start (...) But if LEGO start building them, you'll end up being just one of the all-so-rans...8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Way to go, Ross, champion of steam! Very nice to read your excellent comments to Max's questions. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

Most excellent! I bet there are a lot of 12 year olds out there going, "dang I wish I could build that well"...heck I'm sure there are a lot of adults saying the same thing...including me :) Great job indeed. jt James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Well, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree-- I was just as surprised and delighted that he decided to mention them (although I'm not really into steam like Ross is) If I were to have told him to say anything, it would have been for TLC to (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Congrats to Ross and his deservedly proud father! The standing joke in the GMLTC is "where did Ross get his building ability?" <grin> JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

(...) Excerpted for review purposes without permission: Max: Anything you'd really like to build one of these days, or a train part that you'd like to see from LEGO? Ross: Some day I would like to build a super-detailed, working UP 4-8-8-2 (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  New Builder Profile on LEGO.com/trains-- Ross Neal

Even *before* he created his latest MOC, the Pacific 4-6-2, ((URL) Ross was interviewed by Engineer Max from the LEGO.com/trains web site, and they have just uploaded it. Check it out: (URL) and click on LEGO engineers. -John (proud father:-) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) To get the turntable as low as possible I think the key is to remove the requirement that the motor be located under the rotating track. Here are a couple of possibilities: * If you put the motor outside the circle and have it drive a wheel (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  British EMU .mpd and Virtual Eurostar Experience (was Re: Work in progress, an EMU)

(...) Here it is at my BrickShelf gallery: (URL) be aware that I have not put the parts in a logical instruction step sequence. Sorry. I hope you can use the "hide pieces" tool in MLCad (the light bulbs) to see interior construction details. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Low-tech & low cost controls

Hi all, I have been devising a layout for my train collection to be displayed in, but suddenly I came across a number of problems: #1 - Multiple locos mean low speed for each of them (*Very low*); #2 - One controller unit *alone* is really boring (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Gw7zGq.8yG@lugnet.com... (...) Yes please! (...) round (...) lever (...) I think it's incredible that you are able to do these virtual designs so quickly. I can only work with real media :-) (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Want the MLCad .mpd file? (...) "Caught me". In this picture, I've used quantity one of the 4081.dat element "plate with clip light" in color yellow near the bottom. This is the same as attachment at the top, but the "plate with clip light" (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:Gw7xCG.2ov@lugnet.com... (...) have (...) at (...) It would be if you made a REALLL...LLLY short one! ;-) -Rob www.msltc.org (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:Gw69rA.FH9@lugnet.com... (...) 1x4x1.3 (...) been inundated with offers of 2x2 yellow windows, so I'll give something based on your design a go at some point How are the vertical 1x6 black (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

"Jason J. Railton" <j.j.railton@cwcom.net> wrote in message news:Gw7rIq.BHp@lugnet.com... (...) has (...) Jason, that's a very kind offer, but I have been inundated with them -- Mark Morgan is sending me some :-) Huw (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Every brick the Chief

(...) do the lights on the front. Now I can see the lights doing that, but are the horn elements at top lights? If they are not, you should tweak the render image to show some definition there, even if it is faked. Maybe I am ignorant of some train (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Every brick the Chief

Jeroen, Great work as usual! I was wondering why you didn't mock it up more closely to the original? We got mingfig a Chief... (URL) What is the rgb values of the background of the yellowed poster. I'd like to set the rest of my screen (the border) (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Every brick the Chief

(...) Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was able to do the stickers thanks to our lovely moderator Larry! Jeroen (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Every brick the Chief

(...) Gorgeous, as usual. Love those stickers!!! (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Every brick the Chief

...poster in 2 versions + desktop pictures available now on (URL) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress, an EMU

(...) Okay, okay, I can see where this is going. Huw, since I owe you, I have four 1x2x2 classic windows in yellow you can have. They're old and one has a slight crack in the base, but they're yours if you want them. It seems all my pictures are of (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

(...) I wish I could say "excellent" and can allow me to take down the temporary gallery to the train pictures .. but alas, I can't. I will admit, I fired up and old copy of Netscape 4.76 and everything worked. But this is because you look for (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  MSLTC website is back online

After a little reengineering, we finally have our site back up and running. You can check it out at www.msltc.org Feedback is encouraged so let us know what you think! -- Rob Hendrix (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.msltc)

  Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Alrighty... While no one was looking I "fixed" it. Apparently, Netscape didn't like some of my variable names, while Internet Explorer just worked. I renamed some variables and now it works with Netscape (5.2+!) I was originally trying to be (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Chris--Don't Read! My redesigned train engine

My friend, who works for CN, has been admonishing me for a long time about those 'darn European bumpers' on my engines. So I finally caved in and reworked one of my engines, and I'll rework all the others as soon as I get around to it. Anyway, have (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

(...) Honestly, I believe Netscape is on the way up .. the war is really heating up now with AOL. (URL) makes it so much more important to follow core standards. (URL) (...) Ya know, I noticed that. Not to mention I should put some text in the (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

(...) Um, I think it may be a disservice to make a site so fancy that it works only in IE. Netscape is fading away but not gone completely yet. There are other browsers out there too. I try to leave ultrafancy features out of sites so that they work (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

(...) I am lucky to see them despite of NS 4.7 ... Some really cool models and at least as impressing as Legoland Germany. Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ben Fleskes writes: [Snip after reading it twice] (...) Thanks Ben (from PNLTC), for posting your basical design rules for the PNLTC roundhouse. I have been working some more on my roundhouse redesign yesterday night and have (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse

(...) Thanks for the links Ed! This one is really impressing: (URL) to see some real designs. Most roundhouses I know are from model railroaders... So far I have only seen one in real live (just 30km away from here, but no longer in use). Regards, (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Brad, Very nice. Thanks for the help! Compatibility issues are a killer. Robert Powell SCLTC (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

(...) Or click on following link. I did a 5 minute hot wire into my image gallery browser for those "challenged" browsers. Written in Javascript and compatible across all browsers. Nice pictures by the way. Its a shame to lock people out of them. (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

(...) Do yourselves a favor and open the page in MSIE (I know you may hate it, but at least it will work). After I discovered that most features of my (standard) JavaScripting and menu system failed in Netscape, I gave up trying and just went for (...) (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact