Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 12:02:05 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Ben Fleskes writes:

[Snip after reading it twice]
Hope this information is useful to people.

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

Thanks Ben (from PNLTC),

for posting your basical design rules for the PNLTC roundhouse.

I have been working some more on my roundhouse redesign yesterday night and
have made the decision to do it in 2 main submodules: both will be in 96x50
(that means the first row of bricks will be 2xX ones that overlap the 48x48
plates by one stud on sides). These two submodules will be put on the table in
the shape of a asymmetric "T". The "-" at the top is the 4-bay roundhouse, the
"|" will be the turntable and the line of track that leads from the bottom over
the 48-studs turntable to the roundhouse. The turntable shall be removable and
the rest of the module will be not much more than a massive plate of 50x96 (and
2.66 height), that can be put under the roundhouse for transportation purpose.

So far I am not sure how a track of only 2.33 height over ground can be done as
motorized turntable. But the MichLTC (but who from MichLTC?) has done at
least a "less then 4 high" version of a 48studs table as it seems. I hope I can
"copy" and lower that in some way.

(BTW: are that magnets also, or is that some mindstorms sensor?)

I think their roundhouse is the state of the art right now and I would like to
reach a similar level if possible... (And after my dividing of the the huge
modules and partly rebuilding some sub-modules I hope my roundhouse will find
its way to public shows again.

Leg Godt,

Ben
(FGLTC)