Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 00:15:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Michel Magnan writes:
Hello Wayne,

A roundhouse and turntable is eye candy for spectators.  I had built the
structures 2 years before I was able, with help from a programming friend,
tto automate it.
I'll answer your questions in reverse order, easier first!

#6  Modular, I find my roundhouse is too unstable to make it in sections.
It has 3 bays, and the front roof to the middle bay lifts up on hinges for
access.  As it is, it usually needs some fixing up after travelling to a show.

#5  Back wall, I stole my technique from someone else on lugnet, the back
wall is made of 1x2 bricks, bent into a part of a circle, it looks sharp.

Perhaps from the GMLTC roundhouse, shown hear July 1999 (since dismantled):
http://www.gmltc.org/gallery_show_detail.asp?id=31

-John