Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 19:49:12 GMT

I also planned for that one special steam train of mine to be in the
Roundhouse. Only issue is that its ALOT longer then two straight tracks. In
turn, I decided to make the entry way and Bay 6 a straight-thru bay so, I can
have my Steamer parked inside if need be. The Beast extends one of the bays
about 2 1/2 times longer then the others. I realize now how big a task this is
going to be. Without a doubt this is a table on its own. Thats actually a good
thing though because it will allow me to submerge the gears and turntable
underneath and not have to raise everything. While its still no where near a
start; more layout of tracks and what the trains look like parked. At least for
the few bays I have setup. Still need to add 6 more bays.

I also did some playing around in the void areas. I think I have a much easier
solution to simulate the appearance of a solid building. In my mind I think it
will look neat too. (Only time will tell). Once I get a module bay done I will
post some more picts.

Wayne

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:
I took some time last night to give myself some geometry lessons. The results
are pleasing. I can be a tad more flexible because it just so happens that each
bay is 16 wide at the start of the track that leads into the bay (16x (x)
baseplates). I can easily make individual module bays and add little wall
curves between the sections in the back, while the building itself has not even
been considered it almost will make itself. (I Hope) .  Well here it is, its
gonna have 11 bays! The other nice thing is the geometry of this circle is
nearly perfect for the spinning center of track.

Wayne