Re: Advanced Design Train Roundhouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 14:05:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Larry Pieniazek writes:
This folder, starting at around 00090 or so, should give you detail on the
drive mechanism (although that table was from the 2001 GR GATS and was un
Mindstorm-ed, it uses the same basic drive mech)

Whoops, unfortunately that table does NOT have the locking pin mechanisms in
it, just the main drive. It's a fairly standard drive with the motor in the
house.

Another note, Steve's setup is very modular. Although it makes up a fixed
configuration (that spans at least a 5x8 foot area when the yard is
included), it's made of a number of 48x48 modules. The modules connect to
adjacent ones with Technic pins and there are wiring trays (covered with
green 4x4 car roof plates on hinges as the module surface is green) that all
the wires are routed down. To assemble you plug all the modules together,
then run long wires down the wiring trays (these are not very pure, they use
LEGO(r) end connectors from short wires spliced onto much longer and thicker
wires to get long length at low resistance), connect to the connection
points, and flip the tray covers closed.