 General / 36893
36892  |  36894
Subject:
Would LEGO(R) Train fans suppourt an anti T&V campagin?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 20:37:19 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi,

Recently , I suggested on a train-simulator forum that the train-simulator
community could have a role to play in educating the public about the dangers
of tresspass and vanadlism on the railways..

This led to the site at : http://www.trainsimcentral.co.uk/railsafety
Banners are available from that site so that a growing number of suppourters
can link to it from thier own sites.

Earlier, this evening it struck me that the LUGNET and AFOL community are
also the sort of people that would suppourt a campagin for safer attitudes
and would
want to suppourt any campagin aginst Tresspass and vandalism on the railways.

I would also at this point like to mention Operation Lifesaver
(http://www.oli.org/), which was part of the inspiration behind
the comments that led to the site mentioned above.

So would the AFOL and LEGO(R) train-fan community
suppourt a 'grass-roots' type campagin for safer
attitudes towards railways including an anti T&V campaign?

Was anyone willing to do a suitable page for the AFOL and
LEGO(R) train community (in the way that the above page is for the
train-sim community.)?

And lastly..

Please Remember that:

There's nothing fun about serious injury...Real trains KILL!
ANY time is TRAIN time....Stay off the tracks!

Alex Farlie