 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 79
Re: They say a picture is worth a thousand words...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 14:05:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Brad Mittelstedt writes:
In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Thomas Michon writes:

Do yourselves a favor and open the page in MSIE (I know you may hate it, but
at least it will work).

Um, I think it may be a disservice to make a site so fancy that it works
only in IE. Netscape is fading away but not gone completely yet. There are
other browsers out there too.

I try to leave ultrafancy features out of sites so that they work in
multiple environments. You can do as you like of course, this is a hobby,
but it's not the approach I advocate when involved in creating commercial
sites. We strive for maximum compatibility.

True, the incompatabilities are the fault of MS and NS fighting a
feature/standards war but it is not the fault of the users who choose to use
particular browsers.

This has been discussed on LUGNET before (in .publish I think) and my
opinion is not the only one, of course.

http://members.cox.net/viffer/fullerton/fullerton.html?image=1

Hey, thanks muchly for that. One minor suggestion, put the nav buttons at
the top since the images being different sizes cause you to need to scroll
or mouse up/down to press them.

The images of course are awesome, looks like a great show.