 Trains / 16506
Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 18:56:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim David writes:
In word
YES
this is amazing, I saw you post and thought that you were talking about
but this is brilliant
Get some instructions made james !!!

Glad you like it.
Amazing, eh?  Well, perhaps that is due in part to a liberal use of
non-standard color elements.  In particular, I used red 9v train motor
decorative side pieces.  (LEGO(R) made gray ones. How about a parts
accessory pack with red and gray for a couple of dollars?)

Here's version 2:
- MLCad .mpd file available  (not real instructions, nor logical steps, andI
don't guarantee the best construction integrity, for I haven't real-built
all of this set.  I wish I could!)
- regarding instructions: sorry, but I don't feel like taking the time to
sort out steps for this set right now.  I hope the .mpd file is good enough
for the moment.
- still only shown in CAD/POV form
- Slight body modifications and addition of a matching blue cargo car
baggage(?) car.  I had the blue car built, but I forgot to put on the train
for version 1.

I also used some green and brown that may not exist as main-stream parts.
Particularly the green 1x6x1 arch bricks.
Also, the special "bumpy" bricks on the car roofs (rooves?!??).  I never
paid much attention to these "bumpy" bricks in my collection.

I don't know exactly how many "unavailable" pieces I used, but it's enough
to impact the look of the train if it were to built from real bricks.

Anyway, this Spanish Brotli Bahn train was a real train.  I don't have any
website photo references.  I modeled this from a photo of a Marklin model
train catalog.  The accompanying text in the catalog says this was the first
passenger train on the first Swiss railroad (year 1847).  The Marklin set is
model #28471 and #26471 for AC 3-rail and by Trix as #T21209 for DC 2-rail.
I haven't been able to find this set at Marklin's web site, either.

I have built a design study of the locomotive of this Swiss Adler train--
just the front with black radar dish, macaronis, 1x3 brick wedges, and the
brown barrels.  I still have a remaining attachment issue with the stuff on
top of the brown barrels.

later,
James Mathis