 Trains / 16516
Re: James' beautiful Spanish-Brotli-bahn and InterRegio
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 May 2002 16:08:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Holger Matthes writes:
Hi James,

I haven't been at brickshelf's recent uploads in the past days. Very very
nice new train models out or your PC!

Thanks.

I know the Interregio very well
because I use it to travel to my parents. The one I use is always a mixture
of blue-white Interregio cars and the new white-red Intercity cars. The end
car with the steering cabin (Steuerwagen) was originally build out of an old
normal car. You can see quite good the wedge were they cut of the old bits
and pieces and replaced it with the cabin.

I suppose I should try to model this wedge.  Hmmm....

I love traveling in the Steuerwagen because you can see the tracks in front
of the train, very special view!

That sounds nice.  A view I have never had.

At the moment I am still struggeling with an 8-wide version of the Intercity
cars. I have just no idea how to model the cabin nose without the Metroliner
piece ... But time will bring an idea - somedays.

I have been most inspired by Markus Strick's Ticket Center 6-wide models.
He has built an InterCity in red and white.  He has built a very nice cabin
nose without the Metroliner piece.  Perhaps his method could be used in your
8-wide?

James, is there a steering included into the Talgo train? Probably a similar
one as in my Talgo "InterCityNight" cars? Or an even more efficent and
tinier one?

I have tried to imagine a different steering on the Talgo cars.  It is
difficult to imagine this articulation without motion and real reaction.
Here are some cross-sectional views of the construction:
- The cars are not close-coupled.
- I don't know how the last wheel in the end-car be turned and guided
through a curve.  Maybe not at all, I think.  Maybe the shared wheels won't
guide well through curves, either. I just don't know.
- I have no more Technic 1x2 black/white spring bricks, but I do have a few
of the Technic shock absorbers as shown above.  So, I have tried to think
how to use what parts I have.

later,
James Mathis