 Local / United Kingdom / 8124
Re: Work in progress, an EMU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 20:56:07 GMT

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message
news:Gw7zGq.8yG@lugnet.com...
Want the MLCad .mpd file?

Yes please!

I'm not totally sure, but I think that the yellow lever base with gray
upward turned lever arm is nudged right up against the inside of the
right-hand-side 1x6 black tile.  The yellow "plate with clip light" is
attached to the left-hand-side 1x6 black tile.  There is a yellow 1x1 • round
plate between the yellow "plate with clip light" and the round yellow • lever
base piece.

I think it's incredible that you are able to do these virtual designs so
quickly. I can only work with real media :-)

The right-hand-side 1x6 black tile is intended to be tightly wedged • between
the yellow lever base with gray upward turned lever arm and the trans-red
light dome.  I haven't real-brick-built this front end, but magnified • looks
in MLCad indicate that the pieces should fit OK-- I hope.

I could see the one yellow one at the bottom, that explains it.

Yeah, I really wish it were much easier to get 1/4-curved top pieces in
quantity.

I reckon they are currently my favourite parts. They are so versatile and
add a 'professional' finish to any model that uses them.

Here's how I did the curved undersides on the wagons.

Part of my attempt at the InterCity 125 set:

Yes, again, very nice.

Huw