 Local / United Kingdom / 8107
Re: Work in progress, an EMU
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 21:41:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Huw Millington writes:
Please take a look at this work in progress, the front of an electric
multiple unit, and let me know what you think.

http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/PIC00003.jpg

lol, from the subject heading, I was actually expecting an *emu*!:-)

This is the sort of thing I am trying to recreate, but it's difficult in 6
wide:

Well...? What's stopping you from making it 8 wide? :-)

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/gb/electric/emu-dc/455/pix.html

Does it pass for  one? The difficulty is the corridor vestibule -- if I
could somehow use thin wall pieces or some snot technique with plates, I'm
sure it would be a lot better.

It looks good to me.  I'd like to see it with that snappy red and orange
striping-- with the blue windows it would look tres cool!

Has anyone else attempted anything similar?

I tried an ostrich once, but the project didn't take flight <g,d,r>

-John