 Trains / *1282 (-100)
  Re: Train Windows service packs

i like the word document. but 2 things: 1.why aeroplane windows? where are they used in the train world? 2.for a sticker sheet have the folowing: 8 lined stickers for the window glass. 2 each of: yellow bottom for the doors red bottom for the doors (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) will (...) IMHO. \ (...) for (...) look (...) and it (...) below (...) Well from the service packs they have for trains right now idicates anything. You wont get a wide selection of color, just look at the train plate, one color. I think if we (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) for (...) I would also have to agree. If you want blue that much, I have 4 blue train windows I could trade you. My picks would be: 1. Gray/Black 2. Red/White 3. Blue/Yellow (I don't think it will get that far) Adding the corrugated window and (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) Blue? If it's all the same to them, I'd say silver and gray. I think I'd go for white over blue. (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) You are correct. Maybe a train bucket, but not a pack. We're better off agitating for a pack than a bucket as I think the run can be lower. So let's get down to 2 colors. Or even 1. Me, I like blue. We haven't HAD a lot of blue in a long (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  9v Track in LDraw

Has anyone modeled the straight track section for Ldraw? If so, could you point me in the right direction? Duane (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) campaign. (...) As we have not yet reached a consensus on color yet, I have left it out. It will be in the final version of the letter. I personally would agree with your list except to place black before yellow and maybe even blue, as I have (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Belville Base Plates wanted

The GMLTC has urgent need for a few (40-50 or so) Belville baseplates. These are the huge (24 x 24 studs, I think) brick high plates that have a quarter circle taken out of them and a separate quarter circle plate. They were made in lots of "lovely" (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) Not a bad start. But I have to reiterate a few things. Your letter is not color specific. On reflection I agree with the color priority list but would rank them in THIS priority grey, white, red, blue, yellow,, black Secondly, I think asking (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

I sent my letter in about three weeks ago. I think Larry is right, keep the request simple. Doors and windows are really the most sought after items. I did not suggest a ratio or any colors, I simply copied and pasted a picture of the door and (...) (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) I have a form letter drafted up. It is still a rough draft. I put it into a word document so that people could edit it if they want. However, if everyone wrote their own letter with their own list, you might get some stupid things thrown in, (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

John, Light pink? I thought the song was called "Take the A-Train" not "Take the GAY Train" Silver would be nice, yes. I already have a different idea about how to solve that issue, but that is for another time. Mike (...) would (...) ton (...) (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

(...) I do too. I know individual letters (as opposed to form letters) are best, but will they think something's up if all our lists are the same? (...) Yes; we should make it fairly easy for them as far as not implying a new production run. I (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

Mike is right, in his twisted sort of way;-) Gray is an obvious choice. But hey, let's dream a little-- how about silver??!! Silver doors and windows! Now that's entertainment! 'Course, they'd have to release silver bricks, too, but how many of us (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

I like the idea of a letter writing campaign. (Gee, I wonder if Susan Williams has an email address? ;-) I also think Larry P. makes a good couple of points: keep the kit(s) small and 'focused'; Have a mix of colors in the kit(s). I like the ideas, (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

Larry, I agree with you that we should drop the nose section, but as for color, you really missed out on an obvious one - GRAY! How else are we to recreate the metroliner? Besides, I need enough AMTRACK cars to simulate real wrecks and derailments. (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

If we convince them, and that is a BIG if, we will get at best ONE pack. Asking for multiple packs in different colors is a non starter, in my opinion. Given that, I would ask that the pack have doors AND windows in a number of different colors. The (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Windows service packs

also throw in one of those train nose base pieces + the prisim and lighting brick??? (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Windows service packs

I am going to be starting a letter campaign to Lego to try and get them to provide service packs with train windows and doors. I would like to get feedback from other people as to what they would like in a service pack as far as ratios of windows to (...) (25 years ago, 24-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Illinois Central Loco

Since someone else brought it up... I thought the sand looked cool, but I thought you were a little nuts about accuracy; modeling your farm equipement on real dirt/sand. The way the towel is bunched up it really looks like little sand hills. Once (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Illinois Central Loco

Hi Michel, No, it is not sand on the ground. It is an old faded towel! It is the same one I use when I take photos of my Applicator machines. Now that I look at the pictures, it does kind of look like sand. But sand would be too hard to clean off my (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Illinois Central Loco

Hi Joe, I was curious about the photo of the Illinois Central Locomotive. Did you take a photo of it on sand? Was it a sandbox or do you keep sand in your house for these photos! Michel Magnan (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

I, however, am blameless. [1] [1] shameless egotism rubbing off as a result of being a Larritarian;-) -J2 (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) John 1 "I'm just a clerk, Sir..." (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Update

My fault. I've been _way_ too busy with work :-( john 3 got some new pics of the model shop too, did a reunion tour three/four weeks ago... and built a few small models. (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Update

So, when are we going to see a GMLTC website up. As of yesterday, it was still the NSI "Welcome, come back later" page. :-( -Z- (URL) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Illinois Central Loco

Hi All, I finally got around to adding some pictures of my Illinois Central engine to my web page. I should probably update the model since the new orange bricks have hit the market. Oh well, one of these days.... :-) Check it out at: (URL) I have (...) (25 years ago, 19-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dave's TGV train

(...) Not if you go 8 studs wide;-) At 6 wide, Lar, you are correct, Sir [1], but at 8 one can skirt the wagonplate and reap the benefits a wagonplate provides-- a large integrated plate with holes-- town junior gone good;-) (...) see above (...) (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dave's TGV train

(...) Nice model. I've brought this up before.. I feel the train plates are too confining and I hardly ever use them. I do agree that they give a skirted look but the freedom I get to make any length I want and even to include various non (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round walls (was Re: check out my Water Tower model

Glad you posted. That is a good use of the rounded wall. Castle is one of my favorite themes. The built-in arches are cool. Ben Gatrelle (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  SW Imperial Probe Droid MOC (only 3KB DAT file)

Thanks to all of you who commented on my water tower model posted to lugnet.cad.dat.models. I have posted the DAT file for my attempt at an Imperial Probe droid from The Empire Strikes Back. (I have not inlined any pieces, and it is only a 3kb DAT (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dave's TGV train

(...) I am very happy with the design of the train and the colors. I was some what forced to have the red just because I never got a metro liner so I never got any gray train plates. I did end up getting one gray train plate from another PNLTC (...) (25 years ago, 18-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round walls (was Re: check out my Water Tower model

Erik, I'm glad you posted the photographs of the curved wall you built. The semicircular building is very nice. The effect is quite stunning! That's LEGO?! Curved builing. I love the building techniques that get shared throughout these newsgroups: (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  WW II Rail Gun

New pics from a WW-II Rail gun (cannon). (URL) from menu: Trains: WW-II Rail gun Eric Brok Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Control section: (URL) section: (URL) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Round walls (was Re: check out my Water Tower model

I just went ahead an added the pics to LEGO on my mind. (URL) from menu: Buildings: Curved walls ObTrains: Also new pics from a WW-II Rail gun (cannon). (URL) from menu: Trains: WW-II Rail gun Eric Brok Visit LEGO ON MY MIND: (URL) Control section: (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Very nice, Ben. Love it. Nice curved walls and cool use of the UFO saucers. later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Dave's TGV train

(...) To Dave, Nice train! I really like the pantagraph. It looks very good! The train set as a whole is very good: dual power units, mail car, passenger cars. Good complete set. The additional gray slopes on top of the black roof slopes complement (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Round walls (was Re: check out my Water Tower model

Ben Gatrelle wrote in message ... (...) web (...) Oh, well, you just 'beat' my schedule :-) I thought of the use of 1x3 and 1x1 rounds for rounded walls a few weeks ago, and planned to post it as an original idea sometime soon, but didn't get (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) Of course, what am I thinking? I guess I'm just woozy with excitement, what with the convention coming up, SW being released this week, my new *pink* passenger coach nearly completed...??!! Oh, you heard right! I will torture GMLTC members [1] (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: GMLTC Update

(...) John, that's FOUR new sections (each 45" x 40"), not TWO... Approximately 15 feet of train yard, with a roundhouse & Mindstorms controlled turntable, and as many sidings of track as we can fit onto the tables. He called me 'genius'... <blush> (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  superliner series dome car finally done (wow it took me 4 hours)

new traincar ldraw file with 2 povray images for now on i will make 2 or 3 povray images for most of my models address is at (URL) on trains.html (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Mine came from Sting Ray Stormer set #6198. (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Dave's TGV train

Dave asked me to post this for him. Enjoy. -Ben (URL) click on the pic at the bottom This is my second revision of the train. I have modeled it after the French TGV. Just a few nights ago I made a duplex car for it which is pictured. hope you enjoy (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Isn't there a big aqua/hydronauts set that has it? 2 in Black, I think. Name escapes me but it has a big stinger tail. That water tower is very cool. Nice use of rounds to allow for bending the sidewalls. I just built a water tower for the (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Got my Lego Train Table set up

Well, I finally got myself a table set up for my trains. Boy, I need to go buy a house so I have space, my 4'x6' table just isn't very big. One thing I did to make the table look decent (especially since the table is actually several pieces of blue (...) (25 years ago, 16-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Very nice! I didn't realize Lugnet could be used to post models other than vehicles and spacecraft ;) I'll have to add something along this line to my M:Tron refinery. -John Van (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

great mdel. i think that if you took the bottom ufo hulls off and removed the stand,baseplate and added some mre layers it would make a great storage drum for oil or grain or whatever. (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  GMLTC UPDATE (was something else)

(...) Yeah, whatever "Jon". Say, we (Conan and I) were just getting warmed up when you got tired like a girly-man [1] and had to go to beddy. Rickey had his nose in the Walther's catalog and was, as usual, of little help. The grand plan is to (...) (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.pun, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

better idea is to make a .MPD file with the parts in them. i "un-inlined" the hulls and it went all the way down to ~20k add the size of the ufo hull and it is at an acceptable size. (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) That thing was freaking huge, wasn't it? Immense, in fact. -- Terry K -- (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Ben, please, if you do repost it, don't inline the parts on an MOC unless it's extremely urgent or you have no other possible place to post the model. IMHO, wait until the parts are available as part of an official LDraw release or point to (...) (25 years ago, 15-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Product and Promotional Timing

(...) I need more countries, but I have NO, NL, NZ, Australia, UK, and Germany covered. I'm looking for a Denmark node, a French node and an Austrian node in europe, and a Japanese node in asia, I think that will cover much of the market... do I (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  SoCal train club

(...) Just stumbled across this old thread from January '99... Forwarding to lugnet.trains.org so it doesn't get lost. --Todd (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Yep, it should! Thanks. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains, lugnet.faq)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

Terry K <legoverse@geocities.com> wrote in message news:373c9077.119937...net.com... (...) to (...) directly (...) This should be added to the FAQ. -John Van (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Freestyle Train Cars and Truck

(...) I think that about a lot of pieces. Like pirate boat hulls, and the various boat hull bricks and plates. Steve (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) The rendering looks cool. Add some engines to it, and it could fly. :-) Your posting to cad.dat.models is messed up though. Several lines have been wrapped, which causes ldlite to choke. You can fix this by increasing the line length in the (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Sweet! I'll have to keep this in mind - it may come in handy later. Duane (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Looks slick, what sets can you find that bottom piece in? (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: check out my Water Tower model

(...) Pretty nifty. :-, Best non-spaceship use I've seen for those UFO quarter-saucer pieces. Cheers, - jsproat (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  check out my Water Tower model

I have created a Water Tower model and posted the DAT file in lugnet.dat.models but if you want to see a POV-Ray rendering check out my web site at: (URL) The lower round body should really use part number The top uses the 1/4 saucer section #30117 (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: trains and my original Railtech train cars...

(...) well the ONLY reason im making a new page is because i lost the password and userid for the lego page, so what im going to do is just copy all files and images to my other page.i just started with a few models, and well, the 48 stud car is (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: trains and my original Railtech train cars...

(...) Thomas Burger wrote (in part); (...) Hi Thomas. I've been a big fan of your RailTech line, and the LDRAW pages you've put up. Your train signals were one of the things that had encouraged me to design the electronics for lighting such train (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Freestyle Train Cars and Truck

(...) Concerning the fenders on the Fritz-Homann delivery truck: I must acknowledge that I've seen these hinge pieces used for fenders by others. From memory, I recall Eric Brok and Bram Lambrecht (spelling?) uses the 1x5 stud 1 plate think hinges (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  trains and my original Railtech train cars...

ive begun to make a new train page,for now it just has discritions of cars i (want) to make in ldraw. some that are done are a 48 stud flat car, a small sw600 diesel(a part was substituted for the train front i think im babbling hopelessly but (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  How to reapply stickers?

Hi. I have a few old stickers (from 7722 and 7725 to be precise) which are either on the wrong brick or have (apparently) been applied once and stuck back on the sticker sheet. Does anybody have experience, good or bad, with taking stickers off (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Freestyle Train Cars and Truck

(...) That'd be from the first Blacktron base. I think it was called "Message Interceptor Base". A side note: that was a FOTY for me. Actually, my mom found that set for me at a garage sale about one year ago. I think she paid about $8 for it. It (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Freestyle Train Cars and Truck

Great job, James! I like the truck. The fenders really set it off. I love the DB 74 loco. The rounded top is excellent! Do you remember in which kit you got the yellow 4x4 radar dish? Joe (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  New Freestyle Train Cars and Truck

I'm trying a bit of old-fashion butter churning this go 'round: I flip through a couple of Marklin model train catalogs to get some inspiration. This time I found focus on a trio of models for the "Fritz-Homann Margarine" company. They are all of an (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Flatbeds trucks and train M.O.W. vehicles

(...) could get with the lab's digital camera for my model photographs. Thanks for posting that you added images to your web site. later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Flatbeds trucks and train M.O.W. vehicles

I just posted some pictures at the links below. The first link has some maintenance vehicles for trains and the second link is flatbed and box vans for your town. (URL) Paul Foster (URL) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tracks

The gauge of the rails is the same, but the way the two kinds of track connect is different. However, it should be possible to connect the two types of railing. (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Tracks

Hi there, I just got an old train set (#7710) with the non electric tracks, and I'm thinking of trying to get some extra tracks for it. Does anyone know of a source for these tracks? I know that shop at home sells the electric tracks (will they (...) (25 years ago, 13-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: please help id set(s)

(...) So what's the set?!? Have you scanned the catalog cover or otherwise put on the web any info on this set other than what is in pause? Are there any good resources for older Lego? Yours with lots of questions... :) Nikky (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  New train pics on my web site

Just added some more pics to my rudimentary web page - a club car in 4559 colors, a freight train layout, chassis shots of my steam loco, and a couple of bridges. (URL) a peek and see what you think! Kevin (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: write LEGO for train doors and windows

You know, you are right. I considered adding an address but I was simply to lazy to go to the LEGO web site to look it up. So, here it is I wrote to Susan Williams at Consumer Affairs 555 Taylor Road P.O. Box 1600 Enfield, CT 06083-1600 USA While I (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: write LEGO for train doors and windows

Could someone post an address that they feel might be effective for a letter writing campaign? An address and a name would be even better. Thanks. -- dave (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: please help id set(s)

I have a 1970 Samsonite Dealer Catalog, and this set is on the front cover of what was available from LEGO (Samsonite) that year. Gary Istok (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  write LEGO for train doors and windows

The only way to get LEGO to produce a parts pack with train doors and windows is to write and ask. I have done it, but one nut will not turn the tide. Write LEGO Systems Inc. and tell them how much train enthusiasts really want doors and windows. (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: please help id set(s)

I'm sorry I can't help you, Nikky, but I will say that I think your gift has FOTW written all over it! -John (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  please help id set(s)

Hi, I don't know much about trains, so I hope someone can help me. On Mother's Day, *I* got a gift from the parents -- a box of lego they picked up at yard sale for $2. It looks like very old trains (per Pause: perhaps part of set 113?). Let me list (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it too late for a new comer?

Yes! (ala Marv Albert) Welcome to trainstrainstrains!! You are right about the specialty pieces-- they add that little something standard bricks cannot, especially the doors and windows. And yes, they are *way* too expensive! Why can't TLG make a (...) (25 years ago, 11-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it too late for a new comer?

Hi ! Glad to see another train fan come on board! (no pun intended) ;-) Passenger and commuter trains are harder to realistically produce without those special pieces, like windows and doors. Have you thought about freight trains? They are much (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Is it too late for a new comer?

Like so many others, Mindstorms brought me out of my dark age, and soon my interest has grown beyond Technic. Recently I bought a set of Metro Liner from ebay. Frankly when I learned that I won the bid my feeling was mixed, for the set was pricey (...) (25 years ago, 10-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Loco

Thanks James. I can't wait until the 7171 set goes on sale! There's a great selection of pieces in there. BTW: I have just added pics of a airliner I built. Those window stickers on the current Lego kit depressed me so much, I had to build something (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Loco

Joe, These applicator models are simply awesome. Love the work you've done with orange pieces! You really have a very good skill for modeling with LEGO. Very impressive. Thanks for announcing the new designs. later, James Mathis (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Loco

Hi. I have added a page to my site showing some of the latest projects I have going. I have included the current dimensions for the Large Loco there. Thanks for stopping by! (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My first visit to a model train show.

(...) That is what I find when I "do" train shows, the most common comment is "I didn't know that LEGO did trains". I let the children control the trains, I've just got some new power adapters to limit the power to 7.5V rather than 9V it results in (...) (25 years ago, 9-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Loco

I like your use of the mirror to show it full blown ;) How many bricks did you use on the first half? The detail is great! I like the steps and handrail! Tamy (...) (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Loco

Show off... Very nice. How big is it in inches/feet? (...) (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Loco

(...) You are definitely "Master Modeler", Joe D....MMJD, YES! Very fine work. Now, what track will that model run on.... ;-) later, James Mathis (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  (canceled)

  Re: Large Loco

Hi Paul, Thanks for letting me know about the linking problem. I think I fixed it. Joe P.S. I'll get a stud count later today. (...) (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

James! this latest creation of yours defines the word 'genious'. Pure and simple. While many of us muddle about with new iterations of well-worn subjects, you continue to break new ground and think out of the box. I am humbled. The execution is very (...) (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Large Loco

(...) HOLY COW!! Your individual links to the enlargements are broken, they are using 'file' instead of 'http'. No fair not giving any stud by stud size!!! (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Large Loco

Hi All, I have put up some pics of an engine I made. (Well, part of it anyway.) Although it it not finished, I thought somebody may like to see it. Check it out at: (URL) always: comments, suggestions, criticism welcome. Thanks, Joe (25 years ago, 8-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s

Frank said: (...) Yes. Use a longer plate, or get used to the 2x4 plate coming out. But long term (and I build all my cars this way, I have very few of the wagon plates in actual use) this is the way to do it. Trust me. (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s

(...) I had gone this way originally, but was finding that it wasn't sturdy enough when I tried to remove the bogie/power unit. Of course now that the engine is constructed, maybe that isn't an issue (during construction, I kept putting the power (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Fun with two 4559s and two 5542s

(...) Long term this is not the correct design, though. You should find that the bogie turns more freely if you use a plate in the lower layer and a hollow space in the upper layer instead of two plates stacked together. With stacked plates you (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Meet "BOB" the Passenger Train

Oh my James, you've done it again. Another masterpiece! I think you did an excellent job of modeling BOB. Lots of detail to look at. Sounds like good playability too. :-) Tom (...) (25 years ago, 6-May-99, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact