 CAD / 1806
Re: check out my Water Tower model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 21:12:49 GMT

On Fri, 14 May 1999 20:14:59 GMT, "Ben Gatrelle"
<ben.gatrelle@nospam-bigfoot.com> wrote:

I have created a Water Tower model and posted the DAT file in
lugnet.dat.models but if you want to see a POV-Ray rendering check out my web
site at:
<http://home.att.net/~bgatrelle/creations.htm>

The lower round body should really use part number

The top uses the 1/4 saucer section #30117 by Steve Bliss from
<http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.cad.dat:213>

The lower part of the tower should really use #30201, but I don't have that in
LDRAW. I just turned the #30117 upside down. It doesn't line up exactly, but
you get the idea.

This is the first model I have posted to the CAD group and would appreciate
any feedback.

ben.gatrelle@bigfoot.com

The rendering looks cool.  Add some engines to it, and it could fly.  :-)

Your posting to cad.dat.models is messed up though.  Several lines have been
wrapped, which causes ldlite to choke.
You can fix this by increasing the line length in the program you are using to
post from.  The "standard" line length is 79 characters, which is fine for
general posting, but for posting dat files you should increase that
*temporarily* to a large number.  Like 150 or so.
I also believe you can circumvent this problem by posting the dat file directly
from the web interface rather than using a newsreader or email program.

If you decide to repost the model, remember that you can also Cancel the
current post to get rid of it.

-- Terry K --