 CAD / 1829
Re: check out my Water Tower model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 16:28:06 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

Ben Gatrelle wrote:

The lower part of the tower should really use #30201,

Looks slick, what sets can you find that bottom piece in?

Isn't there a big aqua/hydronauts set that has it? 2 in Black, I think.
Name escapes me but it has a big stinger tail.

That water tower is very cool. Nice use of rounds to allow for bending
the sidewalls. I just built a water tower for the GMLTC layout (along
with a coaling tower) which is done much more squarely. The tank does
not look nearly as nice

What did you do at the bottom of the tank? The studs on saucer section
bottoms do not line up with curved walls.

One thing I did that I think came out very nice in it though is the
internal leg bracing. Your tower has a few cross braces, but I was able
to use 8 of the 15 long technic link segments (like what are used in red
in the newer shuttle launch bad) to connect my legs together. There are
8 legs and a forest of internal cross braces.

I gotta get my camera fixed or replaced.
FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.