 Trains / 1213
Re: New Freestyle Train Cars and Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 16:59:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Joe Davenport writes:
Great job, James!  I like the truck. The fenders really set it off.  I love
the DB 74 loco.  The rounded top is excellent!

Concerning the fenders on the Fritz-Homann delivery truck:  I must acknowledge
that I've seen these hinge pieces used for fenders by others.  From memory,
I recall Eric Brok and Bram Lambrecht (spelling?) uses the 1x5 stud 1 plate
think hinges for fenders.  I think others have done this, too, and this fender
design does work well for some models.

On another fender:
I wish that the standard "car fender" piece, which is 4 studs wide, were split
into halves.  With the piece split, offering individual fenders per wheel, one
could use the standard fender piece for 6 stud wide vehicles.

I wish the "airplane nose slopes" and hinged fuselage roof pieces were split
into two halves, as well, for the same reason as the fenders.  I think the
pieces would have many more potential uses if they were split in two.  Would
need a new special slope piece to fill in the gap for greater than 4 stud
applications, though.

Anyway....

For a look, go to:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

and click on "What's NEW in My Small LEGO World".

or continue scrolling down to the Truck or Train Creations links.

later,
James Mathis