 Trains / 1210
Re: New Freestyle Train Cars and Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 23:54:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Joe Davenport writes:
Great job, James!  I like the truck. The fenders really set it off.  I love
the DB 74 loco.  The rounded top is excellent!

Do you remember in which kit you got the yellow 4x4 radar dish?

Joe

That'd be from the first Blacktron base.  I think it was called "Message
Interceptor Base".  A side note:  that was a FOTY for me.  Actually, my mom
found that set for me at a garage sale about one year ago. I think she paid
about $8 for it.  It was missing the minifigures and some of the parts were
broken.  But, I think that's where the yellow 4x4 radar dish came from.

later,
James Mathis

James Mathis wrote:

I'm trying a bit of old-fashion butter churning this go 'round:

I flip through a couple of Marklin model train catalogs to get some
inspiration.  This time I found focus on a trio of models for the
"Fritz-Homann Margarine" company.

They are all of an older style and have a yellow color scheme.

- first is a yellow tank car with a brown brakeman's cab (I think it is
for a brakeman?)
- second is a yellow box car with cupola at one end
- third is a yellow delivery truck with a white storage box

For a look, go to:

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/legopage.html

and click on "What's NEW in My Small LEGO World".

or continue scrolling down to the Truck or Train Creations links.

later,
James Mathis